The Student Room Group

Bristol Medicine Applicants 2013

Heyyyyy y'all

Haven't seen one of these yet (I may have missed it though!)

So anybody applying to Bristol? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thinking about it. If I screw up the UKCAT, I'll definitely apply to Bristol!
Reply 2
Yeah! I just hope my PS turns out to be good enough :confused:
Do u think i'll be able to get in with A*AB?
Do Bristol care about AS results and GCSEs?
Reply 5
Original post by amandaplease
Do u think i'll be able to get in with A*AB?

Probably no. You should have A's only in order to meet the minimum entry requirements. If I were you I'd contact the relevant universities' admissions officers. It's still smarter to take a gap year than to take a shot in the dark. By getting rejected now, your chances will be significantly lower next year.
Reply 6
Hi there anyone know how credible i am as a Bristol med applicant.

Gcses-4A* 7As
As grades- AABC in chem r.e bio maths respectively
A level prediction-most likely AAA

Providing i have a strong ps how credible am i??

thanks
Reply 7
Hey all. Just to say I will be adding the link to this thread to the 2013 Index in the medical schools subforum. Good luck everyone. :smile:
Reply 8
Am thinking about Bristol too, liked the open day. Only problem is I have GCSE 4A* 6As and AS got A bio/BBBchem/maths/physics

Ukcat 697.5

Disappointed with AS and hoping to pull up nxt year to As.But not sure if Bristol will look due to low AS results too! Good luck to you all. Tackling the dreaded PS at the moment and then I read some hi fuluting one and realise mine is so awful. I am sure it will be done and re done!
Reply 9
Original post by peterwadish
Am thinking about Bristol too, liked the open day. Only problem is I have GCSE 4A* 6As and AS got A bio/BBBchem/maths/physics

Ukcat 697.5

Disappointed with AS and hoping to pull up nxt year to As.But not sure if Bristol will look due to low AS results too! Good luck to you all. Tackling the dreaded PS at the moment and then I read some hi fuluting one and realise mine is so awful. I am sure it will be done and re done!

hey peter! :biggrin:

bristol don't focus on AS results, only gcses and a level predictions, but they focus mostly on ps, so if you are unsure of yours, i would be very wary when applying here!

your ukcat is awesome, i personally would recommend applying to universities who look at ukcat, because you may be at a better advantage :smile:
Reply 10
I'm hoping to apply to bristol, just need to put some work into my personal statement:frown:
Reply 11
i am thinking of applying there, but my PS is not there yet. I am at 6700 characters, its mad! I know they really care about a good PS and all that but i think its because i have just recently started it. If i get a really horrible UKCAT score, i will apply here...its an advantage (there is no non-ukcat unis in scotland)

is pharmacy considered as a biomedical science? GEP course?
(edited 11 years ago)
It says on their website "Minimum five GCSEs at grade A to include Mathematics, English Language and two science subjects"
but I have a B in english language but I have 6A*s, 2As and 2Bs.
Is there any point me applying, will i get scrapped straight away because I dont have an A in english language? I did my GCSEs under extenuating circumstances though.
Reply 13
Original post by ginger-ninja
It says on their website "Minimum five GCSEs at grade A to include Mathematics, English Language and two science subjects"
but I have a B in english language but I have 6A*s, 2As and 2Bs.
Is there any point me applying, will i get scrapped straight away because I dont have an A in english language? I did my GCSEs under extenuating circumstances though.

I think the best thing to do would be to contact them and ask them personally about it. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'll be applying too. Apparently, if 100 applicants apply, statistically, bristol would only take 5. Com-pe-ti-tion!!!!
I'll be applying here too, the interview process is great I hear.
Reply 17
Is anybody going to the open day on the 22nd? :biggrin:
Reply 18
Anybody have any ideas about the graduate course? Do most people apply with a first or 2:1?
Reply 19
Original post by Ama2007
Anybody have any ideas about the graduate course? Do most people apply with a first or 2:1?

Maybe have a look at the 2012 Medicine Stalking Page? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending