The Student Room Group

My friend is sooooo ARROGANT and BIG HEADED and I am sick of it!!

I have a very close friend, but she ALWAYS goes on about how great she is and lists all these things she loves about herself... or she "critisises" herself in an attention seeky way saying things that are CLEARLY good positive things as negative e.g. "OMG I have such big boobs! I can't believe I'm a D cup that's sooo big and I hate it big boobs are horrible" (a 32D is not even that big! it is around average size) but at the same time I feel like it is a dig at me (because I actually do have big boobs). She is constantly gazing in the mirror and listing all these things she adores about her appearance. It's just so shallow and superficial!

it might sound like I am jealous, trust me I am not. I love her and she is a very pretty girl but at the same time I am also very confident with myself, I am me! I am glad she is not insecure and is happy with how she looks, it just pisses me off, it's not like it's occaisional, it's ALL THE BLOODY TIME!!
Narcissistic people deserve enslavement.

But either way, people are people, and they are who they are. Even though narcissism in many cultures is seen as bad.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a very close friend, but she ALWAYS goes on about how great she is and lists all these things she loves about herself... or she "critisises" herself in an attention seeky way saying things that are CLEARLY good positive things as negative e.g. "OMG I have such big boobs! I can't believe I'm a D cup that's sooo big and I hate it big boobs are horrible" (a 32D is not even that big! it is around average size) but at the same time I feel like it is a dig at me (because I actually do have big boobs). She is constantly gazing in the mirror and listing all these things she adores about her appearance. It's just so shallow and superficial!

it might sound like I am jealous, trust me I am not. I love her and she is a very pretty girl but at the same time I am also very confident with myself, I am me! I am glad she is not insecure and is happy with how she looks, it just pisses me off, it's not like it's occaisional, it's ALL THE BLOODY TIME!!

I had a friend like this, and honest to God, she made the last five years of my life hell.

She'd always give snide remarks on my appearance, or style, or grades. She was so competitive; once she didn't speak to me because I got one grade higher than she did in a subject that apparently she was "brilliant" at. She used to call me all sorts of names, yet whenever I began to get angry she'd retract and say, "Jeesh, it was only a joke!"
My mum used to compare us together; whenever I didn't want to do something my mum would go, "But *insert friend's name* would gladly do it! Why can't you be as kind as her?" And honestly, it just ruined my self-esteem and confidence.
Even my friend would ask me why I put up with her crap, but I honestly didn't have a clue as to why. I just did.
I did have a huge argument with her, which lead to us not talking. We still don't talk, and I'm happier than ever.
My advice to you is to tell your friend how you feel, because I imagine how infuriating it must be to listen to her whine about pointless things and seek attention. If she refuses to change, then don't be friends with her! It's that simple.
i dont get it...why are you still friends with her? Ok i sort of understand since I have been friends with people in the past that if I had to describe in one word it'd be URGH..but maybe if she's that badly annoying stop being friends with her? I think a persons friends should make them feel happy and if theyre doing the opposite thats an unhealthy friendship,
I really really hate these sort of people....
OMG! My fiend is always giong on about how good she is at singing and everyone believes her since they dont' know what good singing is! it's so frustrating!!! and shes so senstive to the smallest thing?!

Latest

Trending

Trending