The Student Room Group

Lloyds bank Customer Assistant Role

Hi folks,

I am just wondering if anyone went through Lloyds employment stages. I applied for customer assistant role for more than 1 and half month ago and passed all the online stages. Since then my application status appears as "On Hold". So can anyone tell me how long it normally takes to invite you for face to face interview, or do you think my application is on pending or been refused or something.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Just thought I would share my experiences in applying for Lloyds. I went for a customer assitant role last year in one of their call centres.

I cannot remember exactly how long it took them to get back to me, but it was not as long as 6 weeks - I would chase them up!

After applying online, I had a call interview. The guy that did it was really nice. He almost came across as 'special' he was that nice. Had to be careful I didn't water down my answer, it didn't feel as professional so do not worry about a big scary phone interview! Have all your notes written down infront of you :wink:

After my phone interview, the person carrying out the interview decided to swap my application from customer services to a more sales-orientated role. However, I was invited to the call centre as normal.

The half day there consisted of myself and about 8 others, firstly getting talked to by the recruitment manager, getting explained why he loves Lloyds, benefits, background etc.

We then each got called for a 1-on-1 interview. Standard interview, competency based. "Tell me a time..", so have plenty of examples ready.

Lastly, there was a role play exercise. We went down into one of the quiet corners of the call centres and each sat down at a phone/desk. We got 5 mins to read the short instructions. Then, someone from inside the office (a few rows away) called us up. Essentially, they were pretending to be a customer and you had to assist them. Here is where I tripped myself up - I forgot to ask them for their security details! Make sure you read the instructions carefully, ask for confirmation of their identity, and have yourself in the 'zone' ready to act as if you already had the job!

Was very disappointed I let myself down at the last stage - so use my advice, knowledge is power!

Also, dress smart. I had shirt and tie, but no suit jacket. All the other men had suit jackets.
Reply 2
I see so maybe another couple of weeks more I have to wait for an interview i guess. Thanks for your advice mate, i will keep that in mind to make sure that i am ready completely for the challenges.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending