This discussion is closed.
courtyboy02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Would anyone here commit suicide if they failed their gcse's and by that i mean c or less. Life wouldn't be worth livin would it?
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
bloody hell! GCSEs aren't the meaning of life.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by courtyboy02)
Would anyone here commit suicide if they failed their gcse's and by that i mean c or less. Life wouldn't be worth livin would it?
that's a bit drastic! It's not the end of the world! Although if i had failed i think i would have been a misery to live with that summer
courtyboy02
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
Yeah but u couldn't get a job then and ur life would be worthless. Name 1 good thing u could do. I nearly commity suicide cos i messed up on 1 bit of cwork and got a c
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yeah but u couldn't get a job then and ur life would be worthless. Name 1 good thing u could do. I nearly commity suicide cos i messed up on 1 bit of cwork and got a c
you can always retake them
wouf
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago

btw, GCSE's aren't as nearly as imporatnat as A-levels and Uni. so it doesn't matter that much
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
GCSEs may look really important now, but in the future there will be AS levels, A levels , degrees, would you consider sucide because you only got a "C", The national average is a C, I believe.
username9816
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
GCSEs may look really important now, but in the future there will be AS levels, A levels , degrees, would you consider sucide because you only got a "C", The national average is a C, I believe.
Actually it is a high D...(My teacher showed me the stats).

LOL, the standard overall isn't so great..
rutera
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
it depends on what u mean by not getting a good job... u could get Cs in the majority of yours gcses, bet a few Bs and As,then make sure ur a-levels are really good, then u'd still end up doing really well... i guess some Cs in gcse might stop u from going to a very good uni and get a well-earning job by the age of 21 but life's too long and too uncntrollable to depend it on a couple of exams based on 2 years working on them.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
GCSE's are not the end of the world, to say you'll be a failure because you fail a GCSE is stupid... life goes on... my bro got 2 GCSE's above C's but that doesn't make him a failure he's got a great life, he's earning good money... sit back and take a reality check there's a lot worse stuff going on in the world
presebjenada
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
a levels put gcses into perspective..
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
That isn't what makes people commit suicide. Bad GCSE's!!!
For F's Sake.
Suicide is only there when there is no other option.
Joannefreeman
Report 17 years ago
I didn't take any GCSE's at sixteen, I left without even taking them and I have never been unemployed - yet!
shing_a_ding
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
when you get on to you AS/A levels you'll look back and wonder what the hell you were worried about at GCSE. A levels are much more stressful!
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
GCSE's aren't the end of the world. I took 5 GCse's because i was a carer and went on to take six A levels, and it didn't make a difference at all...
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Actually it is a high D...(My teacher showed me the stats).

LOL, the standard overall isn't so great..
Actually it is a high C/low B.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Actually it is a high C/low B.
I got told it's a D/E too...
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
wow thats tuff! suicide is such a selfish act you have more to live for then some crap grades on a peice of paper that tell you nothing about who you really are or what you can achieve. if you fail there's still a whole lot of stuff out there just waiting to explored theres appretiships {spelling totally sucks!} hnd's nvq's dont get sucked in to the employers only accept c's and above crap that my parents spoon fed me. theres something out there for everyone if you look hard enough and want it bad enough
much love
foxy lady!
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
I no i agree with u!! They are only exams, you can either hit or miss. Sure if you revise you cant go far wrong. Can you??!! :confused:
courtyboy02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iluvatar)
That isn't what makes people commit suicide. Bad GCSE's!!!
For F's Sake.
Suicide is only there when there is no other option.
And there is no other option once u have failed apart from a crap job or college course!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (9)
69.23%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
15.38%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
7.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
7.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise