Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by courtyboy02)
    And there is no other option once u have failed apart from a crap job or college course!
    Alan Titchmarch got one O level (GCSE). Richard Branson didn't do much better I recall. Conversely, there are loads people with strong academic backgrounds in crap jobs. It's what you make of it.

ReputationRep:
    i think its sumthing like 25% of entrepuneurs (spelling?) have no formal qualifications
    anyway there r loads of jobs that don't need gcses
    and if u fail u can always come work for me when im rich

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone here commit suicide if they failed their gcse's and by that i mean c or less. Life wouldn't be worth livin would it?
    C isn't a FAIL by the way. Remember there are EIGHT grades at GCSE not just four. Ok?

And if someone commited suicide over that then personally i think they are quite sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    C isn't a FAIL by the way. Remember there are EIGHT grades at GCSE not just four. Ok?

And if someone commited suicide over that then personally i think they are quite sad.
    Yeah but if u get below a c u r regarded as a spaz!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *babyjane*)
    i think its sumthing like 25% of entrepuneurs (spelling?) have no formal qualifications
    anyway there r loads of jobs that don't need gcses
    and if u fail u can always come work for me when im rich
    That's quite interesting, I suppose because they take risks!
    I know some people who have done pretty badly in GCSEs and are very good 'buisnessmen', they're the same age as me but they're making money from sales and things. It's funny finding out that someone is making twice what you earn from something you'd never even thought of.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but if u get below a c u r regarded as a spaz!!!
    Err no, not always. For example you might have a person who was predicted Es and Fs (which are passes) but ended up getting Cs. They wouldn't be regarded as a spaz, would they? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Err no, not always. For example you might have a person who was predicted Es and Fs (which are passes) but ended up getting Cs. They wouldn't be regarded as a spaz, would they? :P
    Yeah because they got a c :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You obviously are a bit of a 'spaz' as you don't seem to understand where i am coming from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    You obviously are a bit of a 'spaz' as you don't seem to understand where i am coming from.
    **** YOU!! How dare u call me a cripple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i got two c in mock exam(english) and im aiming for 2 c's are u calling me a spaz?

ReputationRep:
    **** YOU!! How dare u call me a cripple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Haha you obviously don't know why i used inverted commas. Basic English there.
    I am not the one calling people cripples for not getting Cs in their GCSEs!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alias25)
    i got two c in mock exam(english) and im aiming for 2 c's are u calling me a spaz?
    Don't listen to him, he doesn't know what he's on about. He's so fricking harsh.

ReputationRep:
    I think your all idiots, not knowing how to spell "*******". People gaining results less than a C are not considered idiots. I could say that about you (assuming that you did not gain above 9 A*'s). Anyway, people that gain less than D's usually don't care about school, and therefore are not bothered at all.

ReputationRep:
    people have different abilities some people are really artistic others mathamatic, just cause someones not good at some things doesn't mean their not good at anything.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but u couldn't get a job then and ur life would be worthless. Name 1 good thing u could do. I nearly commity suicide cos i messed up on 1 bit of cwork and got a c
    which school do you go to? at my school there is so much pressure to do well cause its a private :mad: .

ReputationRep:
    dont laugh about people thinking failing GCSE's is the end of the world - I did one a year early and got an A, then did ten the next year with 2 A*, the rest A's and two B's in science. I worked my guts out for them because of the pressure my family put on me - the first thing my mum said when I got the results was "two B's?! didn't you revise for that hard enough?"

when you're that young and feeling so pressured (not saying I did) but can easily see how people could feel pressured enough into doing something stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone here commit suicide if they failed their gcse's and by that i mean c or less. Life wouldn't be worth livin would it?
    To me anybody who is stupid enough to take their own life due to something so trivial are a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    how do you get all cs or less :confused:

ReputationRep:
    hey! theres nothing wrong with c's and you arent regarded as a spaz. well, at least i think that im not.... i got 8 c's 2b's and i did all that without handing in coursework for most subjects. the only coursework i did was the weekend before the final deadlines... i think i did pretty well considering. It is extremely hard to get anything less than a c at GCSE, the tests are a peice of piss. and if you dont do well, you can repeat. remember, its only another year of work, and that way you get to stay in educatuion! isnt the time whe youre doing your GCSE's the best of your life? i had so much fun! thats why i dont have a job and am currently slacking off through my A-levels. im having too much fun!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand why anyone would consider doing something so drastic over a letter on a piece of paper. I got mostly c’s and I’m still doing 4 AS's just like the people who got all A's. I know I wont do as well as them in the long run (and I am still talking bout grades) but you still have to keep going don't you. There may be a lot of pressure to do well but you might just want to consider putting this into perspective- its only marks, if you want something enough then nothings going to stop you getting it. There are much more important things to kill yourself over- if u’r going to do something so selfish and ridiculous make sure its for a half decent reason!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.