Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has anyone seen the film solaris?
    i watched it and its one of those head f*****s, i didnt get it at all!!

ReputationRep:
    I thought u were gonna ask an interesting question about the OS solaris, but alas no

ReputationRep:
    what is the os solaris?!!!

(Original post by cobra01977)
    I thought u were gonna ask an interesting question about the OS solaris, but alas no
    I assume by OS that it is a computer operating system like windows
    I've certainly not heard of an OS solaris in the human body
    J

ReputationRep:
    solaris is a unix operating system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmybabe)
    has anyone seen the film solaris?
    i watched it and its one of those head f*****s, i didnt get it at all!!
    if you dont understand it at all it cant be a head f*****, i understand weird films like Eyes Wide Shut, but this one is too deep that i dont understand it at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    I assume by OS that it is a computer operating system like windows
    I've certainly not heard of an OS solaris in the human body
    J
    Its not common, it's Sun's implementation of unix

ReputationRep:
    My mum reckoned that the near by planet was heaven, hence the confused dead people... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i agree with u, film is starnge, not understandable, but also counts as one of the good movies, i personally didn't understand everything in this film

ReputationRep:
    Which version did you see? Tarkovsky's is a strange masterpiece. Soderberg' s is a complete waste of time.
    The basic idea is that the planet Solaris is somehow alive and conscious: is it trying to help humans or communicate with them or just reacting to their presence? Never mind understanding: just wonder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    Me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Me too.
    Hayden, don't you think that the AS Coursework for the exam is so bloody boring and stupid? (Computing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Hayden, don't you think that the AS Coursework for the exam is so bloody boring and stupid? (Computing)
    Can't say it was the most enlightening period of my life, no.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say it was the most enlightening period of my life, no.
    It's so stupid - it is so meaningless as well.

BTW: Can I just ask, do they mark the actual coursework you do, or just the exam paper you do where you use your coursework to answer the questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    It's so stupid - it is so meaningless as well.

BTW: Can I just ask, do they mark the actual coursework you do, or just the exam paper you do where you use your coursework to answer the questions?
    I think just the exam paper, however some of the questions will require you to refer to sections of your project (and perhaps provide evidence from it), so a good project is required to achieve good marks.

ReputationRep:
    I think just the exam paper, however some of the questions will require you to refer to sections of your project (and perhaps provide evidence from it), so a good project is required to achieve good marks.
    right

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.