Sarahlovesshoes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hya everyone! Just wondered if anyone had any revision notes or feedback from the centrally set BPTC: Professional Ethics exam that was held in 2012?

Feel free to PM me or post on this thread if you have any info to share? Thanks!
Bar None
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are you asking for resit purposes?
Sarahlovesshoes
Rep:
?
Yes. I'm really struggling with this subject. Do you remember what areas came up in the SAQ's?
Any info would be much appreciated.
Bar None
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't have any revision notes for ethics, I don't see how the code of conduct and guidance can really be condensed down any further since you basically need to know every provision.

What was your method of revision for it last time? Did you just try to learn the code or did you look at ethical scenarios?
Sarahlovesshoes
Rep:
?
Do you remember what areas came up in the SAQ's and do you have any past papers you could send me?
Bar None
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The only papers I have are the two specimen papers produced by the BSB (which bore no resemblance to the actual exam), which presumably you also already have. Which provider are you at? The College of Law produced a quite helpful booklet of ethical scenarios with worked through answers.

One of the SAQs was definitely a scenario where you were representing two clients and then discovered a conflict of interest; there was another one which was a mix of short questions on when it was appropriate to give your opinion on the case (e.g. in court, in an academic environment, to the media etc); I can't remember the others unfortunately. What do you recall of the paper? It might jog my memory.
Sarahlovesshoes
Rep:
?
Hi Bar None, i've sent you a PM, please help. Thanks.
Bar None
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
These are the BSB specimen papers with answers. The workbook is an internal College of Law document I'm afraid so I can't help with that unless you have ELITE access. Good luck with the resit, when is it?
Attached files
Fran2012
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Bar None

Just wonder if you can help - i am a College of Law BPTC/2012 student and only have the booklet with ethical scenarios not with answers. I wonder if you can direct me to get some answers to those scenarios?

Many thanks!
Bar None
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Fran2012)
Hi Bar None

Just wonder if you can help - i am a College of Law BPTC/2012 student and only have the booklet with ethical scenarios not with answers. I wonder if you can direct me to get some answers to those scenarios?

Many thanks!
Hi Fran,

The point of the workbook is for you to work out the answers using the Code and other guidance. You'll be given the answers in class when you come to them.

It would kind of defeat the object if I were to give you the answers...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some general stuff:

Take some time to read the Code and Written Standards. The Farquharson Guidelines were also in the reading list - a cursory glance at those is recommended, it's pretty basic stuff for prosecutors with the main idea being: "don't screw up."

You will soon see which themes keep cropping up, the relevant codes and how to deal with conflicts. The rest of it is just common sense: Don't go accepting money from clients, don't lie to the court, Don't coach your witness and certainly don't refuse instructions because you don't really like Snaresbrook Crown Court, and anyway - your client is a Traveler and they are all guilty of something.

Even if you do not make written notes in preparation for the SGS, so long as you have read the material, thought about the scenarios and listen to the tutor, you won't go far wrong.
gemmaatconnect
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I am doing this exam in march and wondered if you knew whether you have to quote specific code numbers? We have received the updated bsb changes which say they require and understanding of code and ethical issues and to use practical scenarios in your exam saq but otherwise it is quite vague

Thanks
Bar None
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The position last year was certainly that candidates were not expected to be able to quote the code numbers. Check the blue book to make sure but I doubt it has changed.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
immmys
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bar None)
These are the BSB specimen papers with answers. The workbook is an internal College of Law document I'm afraid so I can't help with that unless you have ELITE access. Good luck with the resit, when is it?

can you help please with bptc materials
[personal details removed]
immmys
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi
does any one have any notes on btpc materials past papers etc pls
immmys
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
HI do you have any more bptc zip files please
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads