Turn on thread page Beta

Hey Punk Rock Fans watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey any1 into bands such as: Blink 182, Taking back sunday, Finch, Ataris, Funeral for a friend. Looking for someone to have indepth music debates with. Post a reply or pm me! x

ReputationRep:
    'ello
    funeral for a friend are great! used to listen to finch alot too, not so much any more. favourite band: the libertines
    who else are you into?
    shambles x

ReputationRep:
    Em just seen Lost Prophets couple of weeks ago. Their new stuff is very emo like, but really geting into it. ERM. Other cds in my v large collection include: Alkaline Trio, Box Car, Brand New, NFG, inme, AFI etc Wot about u? Wots the best band u seen live?

ReputationRep:
    other CD's, erm.. distillers, strokes, hendrix, kings of leon, afi, weezer, sex pistols, ramones, libs etc. best gig was the distillers. u? do u play any instruments?
    shambles x

ReputationRep:
    Erm best gig was prob one of my firsts. I saw Finch and Starting line supporting NFG when I was still at school. I was very new to the whole gig thing so was just so high off the whole atmosphere. Now again on a total high as I count down the days to Reading, as its gonna b my first festival. Dont laugh but I play the piano. Music is a big thing for me so I try not to limit myself to just one sort of music group. Wot about u?

ReputationRep:
    I play guitar and i try not to limit my likeings to one group but i suppose its my tastes. i like blues stuff as well, billie holiday etc. Ive not been to a festival before, hopefully leeds this year though! i really wanted to go last year, it was a good line up, even if the libs did play without peter

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the line up was brill last year. I think going to a festival is something u should do at least once in ur life. I see it as the perfect way to celebrate the end of college. So wot sort of music do u actually play. I am sad in that I like to play classical as well as modern, tho nothing other than rock, punk, emo or occasionally metal reach my cd player. U in/ or ever been in a band?

ReputationRep:
    nope, im not unfortuantly, i would like to be though. i play mainly rock, punk etc although i do do some classical occaisionally because my i think tutor is classically trained. Dont mind playing it though, its all good practice.ive only been plaing a year, im taking my grade 3 soon. How long have you been playing piano? Festivals are definatly something u have to experience i think, its what music is about.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaB)
    Hey any1 into bands such as: Blink 182, Taking back sunday, Finch, Ataris, Funeral for a friend. Looking for someone to have indepth music debates with. Post a reply or pm me! x
    great bands already listed but not enough from the British scene:

what about:

Whitmore
    Spunge
    graveltrap
    A

my bands of the moment are:

Matchbook Romance, taking Back Sunday, AFI(best ever live band!) and The Ataris(seen them 3 times on their recent tour :cool: ) and of course the amazing Blink 182

anyone going to the Offspring next thursday?

ReputationRep:
    and i went to Reading Fest for 5 days last year and the year before, will definately be going again this year, it is the best experience ever

ReputationRep:
    That music is about as punk as the pensions queue in the post office

ReputationRep:
    punk rock? this isn't 'punk rock' this is just poor manufactured music....

misfits rock

funeral for a friend ..... don't get me started on the 'band'

misfits rock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john5)
    punk rock? this isn't 'punk rock' this is just poor manufactured music....

misfits rock

funeral for a friend ..... don't get me started on the 'band'

misfits rock
    knew it wouldn't take long for that boring argument to come across

both types can be seen as Punk Rock, it's just that they are from different eras

as well as the bands i've mentioned I have cd's from The Damned, The Clash, Ramones etc and i find them just as Punk as the likes of offspring, NOFX etc

ReputationRep:
    nofx rule

misfits rock

ReputationRep:
    EMO is the sh*t that's all i have to say...it's so big in the States right now it isn't even funny....

ReputationRep:
    emo i have to say is just poor and townie like, hang your head in shame lost prophets

ReputationRep:
    lol, ive been a rock fan for a while now, and i think punk makes great listening. my fave band are the offspring. i have to say though, there hasnt been something recently in the world of rock that has really interested me. any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moo100times)
    lol, ive been a rock fan for a while now, and i think punk makes great listening. my fave band are the offspring. i have to say though, there hasnt been something recently in the world of rock that has really interested me. any suggestions?
    hmm, well a great band that may appeal you is The Datsuns, if you want good new rock music, although being an offspring fan maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    well, im open to anything really. im not a dedicated punk fan, cos if it sounds good, i reckon its worth listening to e.g. rage against the machine - probably the best example of rap metal ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moo100times)
    AFI

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.