Ok Whos Considering/accepting St Andrews

Watch
This discussion is closed.
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i've accepted a conditional offer of ABB to do MA eco...just wondering how many other people are gonna accept St And's to do anything cos i is nosey! x
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'm going through a dilema type thing about st andrews at the minute. i really like the uni but because of my career ambitons in clinical psychology i've been thinking that edinburgh might be the best! argh!
Econ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm trying to decide between Manchester and St Andrews - i think St Andrews is possibly the better university all things considered but the 4 year thing is putting me off - can't help but think i'll be better off doing three years in manchester and doing a masters rather than 4 years for the BSc in St Andrews.
Econ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by babyboo)
i've accepted a conditional offer of ABB to do MA eco...just wondering how many other people are gonna accept St And's to do anything cos i is nosey! x
Just out of curisoity, where else did you apply? What offers did you get? What grades were you predicted and in what A'level subjects?
Mrs Morris
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Econ)
I'm trying to decide between Manchester and St Andrews - i think St Andrews is possibly the better university all things considered but the 4 year thing is putting me off - can't help but think i'll be better off doing three years in manchester and doing a masters rather than 4 years for the BSc in St Andrews.
Four years isn't that long when it gets to it. I promise it goes - is going - very quickly.

Obviously it's up to you but remember to look at the unis themselves (i.e. the town, societies, departments). Manchester and St Andrews are very different places and you need to make sure you'll enjoy living in the place as well as just doing the course!
presebjenada
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by VoodooDoll)
i'm going through a dilema type thing about st andrews at the minute. i really like the uni but because of my career ambitons in clinical psychology i've been thinking that edinburgh might be the best! argh!
st ands has the better rep as the oldest uni in scot.. old boys network etc etc - very good for job prospects
babyboo
Rep:
?
i applied to

bath- rejected
york- rejected
lse-rejected (that was for acc n fin)
Leics- BBB
Exeter- ABB
and then St and's

im predicted A A and A/B in eco politics and english literature respectively. oh and A for general studies but that dont count!

what about u?! Econ
presebjenada
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its cold in st andrews
Kirki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've got an offer from St. Andrews, but I think I've decided it's just too far away. Shame, as it is a good university.
Mrs Morris
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by presebjenada)
its cold in st andrews
In the winter, yes, but that's the case for the majority of Great Britain, and the summers are pretty hot - with a couple of beautiful white sand beaches to sunbathe on - hooray! :cool:
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by presebjenada)
st ands has the better rep as the oldest uni in scot.. old boys network etc etc - very good for job prospects
yeah, st and's probably has the best reputation but it doesn't do the doctorate couse that i want to do unlike edinburgh, and it doesn't have a hospital so i can't get any work experience which is a must have for clinical psychology. its a shame 'coz i really liked st and's but if i go their it'd mean it'd take much longer for me to get onto the doctorate as i'd have had no experience.
Marie55
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I seem to have said this a fair few times on this forum. But, yes, I'm going to be doing Psychology with French at St. Andrews. :-)
So what halls are you all wanting to go to? I don't really mind cos I think all the central ones look nice (I didn't specify that I wanted a single room so I'll hopefully be in a central hall).
St. Andrews can be cold but I don't really see the problem as long as it's not all the time. Dress up warm!
djbay
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by babyboo)
Heya! I am most definately accepting St. Andrews! But for a very different course from you...Art History/ Modern History. Why, are you unsure whether to accept the offer or not?
babyboo
Rep:
?
no not at all in fact im quite excited but just being nosey. think its cos u dont really hear on this site about many ppl going there. the majority seem to be lse, or oxbridge! just interested i guess!!!!! anyway i've already accepted now!!! just need to get the grades!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (178)
24.65%
Better than expected (145)
20.08%
Worse than expected (399)
55.26%

Watched Threads