Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've accepted a conditional offer of ABB to do MA eco...just wondering how many other people are gonna accept St And's to do anything cos i is nosey! x

ReputationRep:
    i'm going through a dilema type thing about st andrews at the minute. i really like the uni but because of my career ambitons in clinical psychology i've been thinking that edinburgh might be the best! argh!

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to decide between Manchester and St Andrews - i think St Andrews is possibly the better university all things considered but the 4 year thing is putting me off - can't help but think i'll be better off doing three years in manchester and doing a masters rather than 4 years for the BSc in St Andrews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboo)
    i've accepted a conditional offer of ABB to do MA eco...just wondering how many other people are gonna accept St And's to do anything cos i is nosey! x
    Just out of curisoity, where else did you apply? What offers did you get? What grades were you predicted and in what A'level subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econ)
    I'm trying to decide between Manchester and St Andrews - i think St Andrews is possibly the better university all things considered but the 4 year thing is putting me off - can't help but think i'll be better off doing three years in manchester and doing a masters rather than 4 years for the BSc in St Andrews.
    Four years isn't that long when it gets to it. I promise it goes - is going - very quickly.

Obviously it's up to you but remember to look at the unis themselves (i.e. the town, societies, departments). Manchester and St Andrews are very different places and you need to make sure you'll enjoy living in the place as well as just doing the course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    i'm going through a dilema type thing about st andrews at the minute. i really like the uni but because of my career ambitons in clinical psychology i've been thinking that edinburgh might be the best! argh!
    st ands has the better rep as the oldest uni in scot.. old boys network etc etc - very good for job prospects

ReputationRep:
    i applied to

bath- rejected
    york- rejected
    lse-rejected (that was for acc n fin)
    Leics- BBB
    Exeter- ABB
    and then St and's

im predicted A A and A/B in eco politics and english literature respectively. oh and A for general studies but that dont count!

what about u?! Econ

ReputationRep:
    its cold in st andrews

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer from St. Andrews, but I think I've decided it's just too far away. Shame, as it is a good university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    its cold in st andrews
    In the winter, yes, but that's the case for the majority of Great Britain, and the summers are pretty hot - with a couple of beautiful white sand beaches to sunbathe on - hooray! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    st ands has the better rep as the oldest uni in scot.. old boys network etc etc - very good for job prospects
    yeah, st and's probably has the best reputation but it doesn't do the doctorate couse that i want to do unlike edinburgh, and it doesn't have a hospital so i can't get any work experience which is a must have for clinical psychology. its a shame 'coz i really liked st and's but if i go their it'd mean it'd take much longer for me to get onto the doctorate as i'd have had no experience.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have said this a fair few times on this forum. But, yes, I'm going to be doing Psychology with French at St. Andrews. :-)
    So what halls are you all wanting to go to? I don't really mind cos I think all the central ones look nice (I didn't specify that I wanted a single room so I'll hopefully be in a central hall).
    St. Andrews can be cold but I don't really see the problem as long as it's not all the time. Dress up warm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboo)
    Heya! I am most definately accepting St. Andrews! But for a very different course from you...Art History/ Modern History. Why, are you unsure whether to accept the offer or not?

ReputationRep:
    no not at all in fact im quite excited but just being nosey. think its cos u dont really hear on this site about many ppl going there. the majority seem to be lse, or oxbridge! just interested i guess!!!!! anyway i've already accepted now!!! just need to get the grades!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.