The Student Room Group

Why don't many people go blackberry picking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I do :biggrin:
although i suppose it might be considered a bit childish - certainly doesn't stop me though
Reply 21
I wouldn't know where to go to be honest.
I thought tons of people go blackberry picking? I'm gonna try and get a whole load this year, and make blackberry cider. :biggrin:

Original post by fire2burn
I enjoy it, it's great you can just stop for a free snack whilst you're out walking :biggrin: Also got some cherry and plum trees which are growing wild nearby as well. We used to have thornless blackberry bushes growing in our garden but the chickens not content with just eating the berries pulled all the leaves off and dug up the roots as well :cute:

I want cherries and plums! :puppyeyes: You let me come visit and steal all the free food?
Reply 23
I go :smile: there's rows of blackberry bushes at my stables and I always go with my brother and get loads hehe

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
i used to go picking blackberries all the time.

and when we went to our grandparents house wed pick there gooseberries and straberries and rubarb, and my grandad would take us up to a massive damson tree with a walking stick, purly to hid the tree with, then wed pick some elderberries while we were there.

ahhhh i miss the old days.

i might go out picking some fruit soon [=
Reply 25
I love berry picking I always go berry picking at the moment though I'm mainly getting all the gooseberries from my plants in the garden
I love blackberry picking! I usually go with my mum but last time I went with my dad which was good :smile: My dad likes to find hazel nuts as well!
Original post by superwolf
I thought tons of people go blackberry picking? I'm gonna try and get a whole load this year, and make blackberry cider. :biggrin:

I want cherries and plums! :puppyeyes: You let me come visit and steal all the free food?

Good luck with blackberry cider, I imagine it'd taste quite nice. There should be more blackberry flavoured things in the world, they are a forgotten fruit. Too many things are blackcurrant flavoured instead which everyone knows is utterly vile and should be banned :smile:
Went tonight- got a whole litre ice cream tub full! So annoying when all the juicy ones are covered by nettles, must take some shears next time :colone:
Reply 29
I live in london but they grow in my garden xD but i pick them and squash them against the fence lol

Quick Reply

Latest