The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by kgorman5
Yeah I agree, Letter To Daniel just isn't a priority for me, there have only been a few questions I found that suit it, and well I find the poetry questions really tricky that's why I'm avoiding Hotel Room, 12th Floor haha! But good luck with it, there's loads to write about it!

Gatsby and Romeo and Juliet should be good for you though! They seem really interesting. I covered Romeo and Juliet last year, but not in depth enough for my exam tomorrow! Gatsby is definitely a good text to do :smile:
Reply 1181
Original post by emmagn
Gatsby and Romeo and Juliet should be good for you though! They seem really interesting. I covered Romeo and Juliet last year, but not in depth enough for my exam tomorrow! Gatsby is definitely a good text to do :smile:

I am pretty confident with Gatsby, I've been getting 19, or 21/25 on my essays in class so here's hoping I get a nice marker, not likely but I can dream! Good luck tomorrow!
Reply 1182
I am pretty confident with Gatsby, I've been getting 19, or 21/25 on my essays in class so here's hoping I get a nice marker, not likely but I can dream! Good luck tomorrow!

19, 21 or 25 is amazing! Usually I get 15 17 or 19 in my essays :frown: But I'm good at close reading so that drags my final mark up! I'm hoping they'll be lenient marking the essays, we only have 45 mins for each so they should take that into account I hope? Thanks you too!
Reply 1183
Original post by emmagn
19, 21 or 25 is amazing! Usually I get 15 17 or 19 in my essays :frown: But I'm good at close reading so that drags my final mark up! I'm hoping they'll be lenient marking the essays, we only have 45 mins for each so they should take that into account I hope? Thanks you too!

Ah see I am mediocre at close reading:frown: I'm lucky if I get half marks!
Original post by Faye__1996
Did your school ask generally or did they like have to say that you had written it in pencil? Should I ask my teacher? That is scary thinking someone would do that!

You'll be fine :smile: Just like if someone does abnormally badly on a multiple choice they check to make sure it wasnt done in pen or the candidate didn't miss out a question!
Reply 1185
Ah see I am mediocre at close reading:frown: I'm lucky if I get half marks!

Awh usually I get between 35 and 45! You seem really good at essays though and if you have a good folio that will work in your favour!
Original post by Sparticon
Haha - you're doing exactly the same pieces as me? Have you also done Punishment and/or Victor Was A Little Baby?? :smile:

I am doing love is not all too! and we did go through victor was a little baby but very very briefly!
For biology? Was yours all pencil or some pen? I remember my essays being in pen ...

I did section A all in pencil, Section B I did about 6 questions in pencil and section C was all pen I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1188
Original post by emmagn
Awh usually I get between 35 and 45! You seem really good at essays though and if you have a good folio that will work in your favour!

That is impressive:O! I think the best I have ever gotten is 30, and that was once haha. Well I think my folios will pass anyway, though I don't think they are anything extraordinary, I mean I had people in my class write about their thoughts on string theory:/, ah well! Best of luck to everyone sitting the exam tomorrow, we can beat the SQA:P
Reply 1189
That is impressive:O! I think the best I have ever gotten is 30, and that was once haha. Well I think my folios will pass anyway, though I don't think they are anything extraordinary, I mean I had people in my class write about their thoughts on string theory:/, ah well! Best of luck to everyone sitting the exam tomorrow, we can beat the SQA:P

Haha, well your folio should help! 30 is still 60%, which is a decent pass! A girl in my year got a 25 in a folio essay, it was the only 25 the teacher had ever given out! We can do this! Good luck everyone!!
Original post by koolkate
I have done:
Drama: A street car named desire
Poem: Daddy, Out of the Blue and two scavengers

So who else has done these texts?

I am also doing Daddy, pretty confident on it too
Reply 1191
Just think people in roughly 22 hours it will all be over :smile:
How do you evaluate properly in your essays? I've only really been taught how to do analysis..
Reply 1193
Original post by kylerfc
A few pages back there is a link to the sqa samplar answers and what each scored and why

Thanks, that helped a bit. :smile:
Original post by koolkate
I have done:
Drama: A street car named desire
Poem: Daddy, Out of the Blue and two scavengers

So who else has done these texts?

I did Daddy last year, it was my worst text (by far) and I managed to write an essay on the structural techniques (awful question) and it turned out fine! Hopefully you get a better question on it :smile:
Original post by JimmyGatz
I did section A all in pencil, Section B I did about 6 questions in pencil and section C was all pen I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im the same, you gonna tell your school?
Original post by nicolagrantgrant

How did you get a mark for yours? Did you get 19/20 for that essay?xx

My teacher gave it a rough mark out of 25.
Ok! It's 14:45. Exam is in approximately 18hrs 15 minutes. No texts revised. About 2 and a half hours till Dinner, so I want my main one done for then. After dinner I'll spend an hour on Stealing then an hour and a half on a hanging. So that'll be around 8/9, which I can then do a timed close reading - if I feel comfortable with my 3 texts.

This is my way of getting pumped for studying. If I don't do this I want people to slap me! Anyone want to volunteer for the honour?
Im the same, you gonna tell your school?

No? Don't think it's a problem whatsoever. Exams test you on knowledge not on ability to use the correct pen or pencil

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheFOMaster
Ok! It's 14:45. Exam is in approximately 18hrs 15 minutes. No texts revised. About 2 and a half hours till Dinner, so I want my main one done for then. After dinner I'll spend an hour on Stealing then an hour and a half on a hanging. So that'll be around 8/9, which I can then do a timed close reading - if I feel comfortable with my 3 texts.

This is my way of getting pumped for studying. If I don't do this I want people to slap me! Anyone want to volunteer for the honour?

I like your way of thinking.. good luck, soldier on!

Latest

Trending

Trending