The Student Room Group

TSR "Mixed-Race- Society

Being that there are alot of mixed raced people on here, I thought I'd start up a society. So who wants to join?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What issues will you disscuss in the society? I'm just curious by the way
Reply 2
dimexi
What issues will you disscuss in the society? I'm just curious by the way

Firstly with what mix you are. Issues concerning culture (or lack of in some cases), exposure, identity et cetera. Peoples views on being mixed race, are they happy about it? Do they see it as a burden?
Reply 3
sounds interesting, Good luck with it :smile: and thanks for answering my question :biggrin:
Reply 4
dimexi
sounds interesting, Good luck with it :smile: and thanks for answering my question :biggrin:

Grazie :biggrin: No problem.
I'm English and Irish. That makes me mixed race. Or was this aimed at chocolate coloured people?
Reply 6
Liam The Eagle
I'm English and Irish. That makes me mixed race. Or was this aimed at chocolate coloured people?

Could you elaborate on the meaning of "Chocolate coloured people".

Depends what part of Ireland your talking about. N.Ireland?
Eurasian
Could you elaborate on the meaning of "Chocolate coloured people".

Depends what part of Ireland your talking about. N.Ireland?

People who are of or like the colour of chocolate. Primarily mixes of black and white where they take on that lovely caramel colour
Reply 8
Liam The Eagle
People who are of or like the colour of chocolate. Primarily mixes of black and white where they take on that lovely caramel colour

I guess when I use te term "mixed race" people assume the black and white mix. For your original question, no it's for all mixes. Example I'm Asian/white.
Chocolate colour :rofl:

Food huh? I guess that would make me caramel/honey/peachy…..something :/

:biggrin: can I join?
I’m…a whole lotta stuff :ninja:
dimexi
it's amazing the primitive beliefs people still have in these modern days

Sad but so true.

I think he’s just jealous because unlike me, she has to bake under the sun to get a tan :p: :biggrin:

What’s your society btw? :smile:
Reply 11
bluedreamer
Sad but so true.

I think he’s just jealous because unlike me, she has to bake under the sun to get a tan :p: :biggrin:

What’s your society btw? :smile:
Anti-racism society
The difference being one is not derogatory. It's the difference between saying 'all black people are intelligent' to 'all black people are stupid'. Both terms are based on relative intelligence of all races, but only one is specifically offensive to a certain group.
Reply 13
Eurasian
The use of ":biggrin: " being a strong indication that the statement wasn't intended to be taken seriously. But hey? I guess it must ring some truth in some peoples ears :wink: . Oooh "Vote BNP", Birchy green do you think if I applied they'd let a little half-breed like myself join the party? Just curious.

I know the use of the smiley is obvious but then the statement could be misinterepreted! just like the BNP guy has done but then as opposed to correcting it he decided to make matters worse :rolleyes:
Asian & white is a yummy combo. Only for girls though :p:
Reply 15
bluedreamer
Chocolate colour :rofl:

Food huh? I guess that would make me caramel/honey/peachy…..something :/

:biggrin: can I join?
I’m…a whole lotta stuff :ninja:

Sure you can... once someone makes it an official soc.
Oooh "Vote BNP", Birchy green do you think if I applied they'd let a little half-breed like myself join the party? Just curious.

You arent of European descent so no.
Reply 17
BirchyGreen
You arent of European descent so no.

Well, my father IS of european descent thus making me half and I was born in England. Answer?
Reply 18
The term "half-breed" is so errrrr.... I don't even know what to say, I just don't like it.. Mixed race is better.. I'm referring to Eurasian's post btw
All things being equal; someone start the "White Society"

Quick Reply

Latest