~ The definitive meaning of life ~ watch

Announcements
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradders)
    Contentment?

Do correct me if I’m wrong...
    weeel you could argue happines or fun, but i spose thats along the same lines, right? i duno.

ReputationRep:
    either that or nothing...

From a practical p.o.v., contentment is as good an answer as anything - it is certainly a significant drive, but whether that constitutes meaning is far too cumbersome to discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Contentment?

well yes, but it doesn't sound exciting. You need more than that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    weeel you could argue happines or fun, but i spose thats along the same lines, right? i duno.
    to improve one's soul for final enlightenment? my view anyway - a little stoic but i stand by it

ReputationRep:
    You're wrong :rolleyes:

I do know the meaning of life, but I'm not allowed to tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    to improve one's soul for final enlightenment? my view anyway - a little stoic but i stand by it
    thats cool. so what beliefs do you have mr kurdt?

ReputationRep:
    thats cool. so what beliefs do you have mr kurt?
    you spelt the name wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    you spelt the name wrong
    er, who me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    you spelt the name wrong
    nice to see you are looking out for me Alee My beliefs Kingnik are based on the idea of reincarnation and spirituality

ReputationRep:
    er, who me?
    she'll hate me for saying this - but her concern for the spelling of my name is so damn sexy

ReputationRep:
    er, who me?
    gee, i wonder who else it could be :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    nice to see you are looking out for me Alee My beliefs Kingnik are based on the idea of reincarnation and spirituality
    i can identify with the reincarnation thing, but im not a spiritual person. my dads fault. hes such a science obsessive that hes driven all possibility of an open mind out of me! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic)
    Oh God, now a religion of contentment! Try not to reduce the cosmos to a fuzzy touchy feely feeling.
    your username would suggest that you are not fit to make indepth comment on religion

ReputationRep:
    Contentment?

it would make sense, as when we all die we lose everything, as to inform us our entire life every bit of our being is a "Gift", but a pointless gift at that, so live and find peace.

i find peace comes in combatting beliefs about "worth", most importantly pride, and other conditions regarded as "sins", altho i dont see them as sins, rather false-realities

ReputationRep:
    i can identify with the reincarnation thing, but im not a spiritual person. my dads fault. hes such a science obsessive that hes driven all possibility of an open mind out of me! :rolleyes:
    but science doesnt have to diminish spiritualism - more it diminishes the existence of a higher power - but i must say i believe in a higher power - it has helped me in the past

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic)
    How so? Unless, of course, you're confusing 'gnostic' with 'agnostic' - which is probably what you're doing.
    i assumed that your username was a play on agnostic, the fact that it may sound like 'a gnostic'. enlighten me, what does gnostic mean?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.