Turn on thread page Beta

The theraputical benefits of camel urine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It is mentioned in Islamonline.net that camel's milk and urine have medicinal effects. This is the answer to the following question:

"Does Islam encourage or permit the drinking of camel urine? "

http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=6m8ils

The answer is :

"According to a Hadith that is narrated in Al-Bukhari the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, told Muslims to go out behind camels and drink their urine in treatment of illness.

Hence, drinking camel’s urine is permitted in case of necessary medical treatment. If there is another lawful alternative available, then people may use it instead."

Does anyone know the correct dosage and how many times a day?

The Hadith is here:

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 794:

Narrated Anas:

Some people from the tribe of 'Ukl came to the Prophet and embraced Islam. The climate of Medina did not suit them, so the Prophet ordered them to go to the (herd of milch) camels of charity and to drink, their milk and urine (as a medicine).

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...i/082.sbt.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Medical knowledge has moved on a bit since those days... check out what the Romans and Greeks thought would cure them!
    But you know. It is not those days. It is today!!!!

Check the website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I don't see where it says people do it today, and if they do, well they are just being a bit daft really. On a heavy saturday night I've drunk worse

Look the date of Fatwa which means a religious order on its website, it says:

Monday,Mar 25 ,2002

http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=6m8ils

We are not talking about Romans and Greeks time or thousands of years ago, we are talking about Mar 25 ,2002!!!

They are asking Muslims to drink camel urine today and put it on their website because that's what Muhammad orderd and he was messenger of God and he knew a lot more than anybody.

My question again from Muslims:

Do you know the dosage of this treatment and how many times a day?

ReputationRep:
    Romans and Greeks would have used that, but I think now we would use more conventional methods to stay well & healthy. But it might be the more natural way....personally I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    Romans and Greeks would have used that, but I think now we would use more conventional methods to stay well & healthy. But it might be the more natural way....personally I wouldn't.
    That's OK if it is peronal. But it's a little bit odd to order people to use it, just becasue Muhammad ordered it!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.