Turn on thread page Beta

Decisions-down to 2 now. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    following Manchester's rejection on Friday, my choices are East Anglia, Newcastle,Brunel,Reading& still waiting for KCL( dont think I'll go there anyway coz Ive heard its full of snobby people+expensive-or am I wrong? no idea..)
    First choice is between East Anglia and Newcastle with Reading as insurance, any suggestion on which one to choose? I visited both of them, both are class unis( at least i think they are)
    any replies will be apreciated
    thnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bratva10)
    following Manchester's rejection on Friday, my choices are East Anglia, Newcastle,Brunel,Reading& still waiting for KCL( dont think I'll go there anyway coz Ive heard its full of snobby people+expensive-or am I wrong? no idea..)
    First choice is between East Anglia and Newcastle with Reading as insurance, any suggestion on which one to choose? I visited both of them, both are class unis( at least i think they are)
    any replies will be apreciated
    thnx
    what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    what course?
    Law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic)
    KCL is not full of 'snobby people' - I'm a graduate of King's College and there are hardly polls on UKL asking whether I'm snobby! No, I'm well known for my humility, always being fair and balanced.

If you get an offer from KCL, pick it. If not, pick Reading, with Newcastle as your insurance.

Alright, yea I only heard that its full of Snobby people,sorry didnt mean to offend anyone,
    Reading have got a lower offerBBB than NewcastleAAB, but Im going there next week, is it a good uni then?
    bytheway whats King's accomodation like? ..in second year, was it difficult to find a place?
    thnx

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic)
    I commuted, but King's accomodation is generally the best in the Uni of London (except Denmark Hill campus - word of warning - AVOID AT ALL COSTS). Stamford Street is excellent in terms of location and quality.
    thnx man,

ReputationRep:
    KCL r v.good at Law. Forget those things u hear about snooby people etc..because its all bull these comments are made by people who get rejected from KCL so they try to say "i didn;t wanna go there anyway!!!"
    U'll be in London and u'll meet lots of diffrent people from diffrent backgrounds and i always consider this as a good thing!

If u get a law degree from KCL it'll do u more good than east anglia (carrear wise).....

ReputationRep:
    You could say any of the london unis have snobby people in them!! I'm sure its the case for UCL and Kings and LSE and Imperial.. and you get the picture. People also say that about other unis like nottingham, york, warwick.

But basically i'm just listing a whole load of really good unis, and you can't not go in case there are some snobby people there!

The accomodation looks really good to me, compared with other accomodation I've seen. I'm putting stamford street as my first choice - there is a fitness room on site as well as a bar. They have ensuites and ethernet sockets(which not everywhere does).. and umm.. You get your own individual fridge. Woo.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.