The Student Room Group

The New Look thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ..scream.fan...
Okay thanks a lot, it's not that big o a store so I'm wondering if maybe there's not enough people for a group interview idk:/ oh well I guess I'll find out tomorrow :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Well, just keep your options open and be prepared for anything. Tell me how is goes and good luck :smile:
Original post by Swindon
Well, just keep your options open and be prepared for anything. Tell me how is goes and good luck :smile:

It was a 1-2-1 interview, it went okay, she asked me loads of questions and i knew most of them :smile: then i had to go and make an outfit for day/night and explain why i chose it, which was easy :smile: now i just have to wait to find out if i got it or not:/xx
Reply 22
It was a 1-2-1 interview, it went okay, she asked me loads of questions and i knew most of them :smile: then i had to go and make an outfit for day/night and explain why i chose it, which was easy :smile: now i just have to wait to find out if i got it or not:/xx

See! I knew that task would come up, I guess all New Look's have to same interview methods. When it comes to the questions they are very straight forward New Look seem very laid back. At least you knew what to expect :smile:
Original post by Swindon
See! I knew that task would come up, I guess all New Look's have to same interview methods. When it comes to the questions they are very straight forward New Look seem very laid back. At least you knew what to expect :smile:

Yeah:smile: thanks for your help :biggrin: do you know how long it will take before they'll get back to me?:/x
Reply 24
Yeah:smile: thanks for your help :biggrin: do you know how long it will take before they'll get back to me?:/x

Your welcome! :biggrin:

Well, my first interview they told me they would get back to me the next day - which they did.

And the interview I had recently, I was told a week to a week and a half, but he actually got back to me after 2 weeks, so I genuinely thought I didn't get the job although he said he would call for sure. I even tried calling myself but could never get through.

So if you don't hear anything after 2 weeks I would suggest that you call to follow up on your interview.
Original post by Swindon
Your welcome! :biggrin:

Well, my first interview they told me they would get back to me the next day - which they did.

And the interview I had recently, I was told a week to a week and a half, but he actually got back to me after 2 weeks, so I genuinely thought I didn't get the job although he said he would call for sure. I even tried calling myself but could never get through.

So if you don't hear anything after 2 weeks I would suggest that you call to follow up on your interview.

Ah okay :smile: thank you again for your help :smile:
i had a 1 to 1 interview in new look in ireland satueday the interview looked ok i gave them good bit off history of the shop and told them i want to work with 2 friends a mine there and wen it finished up he told me we be in touch with you monday tuesday or wednesdasy is dat a good r bad sign help ???
Original post by Swindon
Haven't come across any recent threads about the interview process of new look nor the experience of working there.

If anyone has had an interview there recently what is the interview structure like?

If anyone works there, what are your hours/flexibility like? Do you enjoy the job?

Thanks!

i had interview the other day 1 to 1 was grand interview not stressfull but i getting a contract of 8 hours a week but if flexible i can get more days
I went into my local store today as I saw an advertisement in the window. They told me to just come along to a 'recruitment evening' on Tuesday, without even looking at my CV, asking me to bring it on Tuesday. I was told to get there at 6pm...Do you think this will be a group interview like normal? Anyone else's that late? also what's best to wear?
Hi, so I was looking on you local shopping town centre website where it shows you vacancies in the shops in the shopping centre and it showed a part time customer assistant at New Look.
However, underneath it said to ring a number and ask for management.

Would I be better ringing up or actually going into the store itself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I handed in my CV to my local new look for a sales advisor job and I was wondering how long they took to get back to you guys? And did they phone your mobile or email you etc?:smile:
Reply 31
Original post by georgiesmith
Hey I handed in my CV to my local new look for a sales advisor job and I was wondering how long they took to get back to you guys? And did they phone your mobile or email you etc?:smile:

They took a week or two to get back to me and the phoned my mobile. I have a group interview on Wednesday!
Reply 32
I have a new look interview on Wednesday, i know about the group task but what types of questions do you get asked in the one to one interview? and whats the atmosphere like? is it formal or more casual?:confused:
Reply 33
Original post by abbies
I have a new look interview on Wednesday, i know about the group task but what types of questions do you get asked in the one to one interview? and whats the atmosphere like? is it formal or more casual?:confused:
hi abbies, I've got my interview on Friday. How did it go and what did the interview process consist of? Did you also have a group interview?
No I took a CV around to a load of shops in my area, including New Look. After about 2 months they rang me an offered me an interview for sales assistant. They don't advertise sales assistant online so you have to either ask for an application in the store or take a cv around :smile:

Just out of curiosity did you have any sales experience before you applied to New Look? Also did you apply within London? I'm finding it so difficult just getting an interview places!
Reply 35
Hi I haven't started working at new look yet but I had a job interview last week it was pretty simple it involved 2 women having a chat with me about my hobbies and education and then asked more question like what would I do if a man wanted to buy his g/f clothing ect it was complicated at all fairly simple and straight forward the women were easy to talk to and it wasn't very formal hope this helped (leeds)
Reply 36
Hi! I've been invited to a New Look recruitment day this Saturday and I'm nervous!
What will it include?
And advice on interview questions/answers would be appreciated! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SaL33
Hi! I've been invited to a New Look recruitment day this Saturday and I'm nervous!
What will it include?
And advice on interview questions/answers would be appreciated! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya!! I have an interview this Saturday morning, I'm so neeervous!!! where is yours? :smile:
What sort of questions did they ask?
Original post by 2Meggi00
Hiya!! I have an interview this Saturday morning, I'm so neeervous!!! where is yours? :smile:

Hiya, It was in Farnborough :'D where was yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending