The Student Room Group

Please Help

Can any one help me ive got an essay to write by tmz and ive been of school for ages so have no notes. The questions are
a)Discribe 2 ways in which personality may modify the effects of stressors
b) Discribe the procedures of one study on the relationship between stress and the enviroment
c) Outline and evaluate two methods of stress managment

Any help will be greatly appriciated!!
Kate xxx
Reply 1
Eeeek without notes, that's really difficult - no textbook either? Surely the teacher can't expect you to do this without notes?!

I doubt anyone will have the time to give you the notes on all of these, but try: http://www.s-cool.co.uk/topic_principles.asp?loc=pr&topic_id=10&subject_id=14&ebt=322&ebn=&ebs=&ebl=&elc=13

it's quite good, yet not really detailed enough to write essays on.

In brief, you want to deal with

a) Kobasa's Hardy personality and type A personality
b) Marmot or Johansson's procedures
c) Miechenbaum's stress inoculation and Drug treatment

Sorry I can't help more than that :smile:
Reply 2
i did stress and personality for my coursework!talk about the characteristics of a type A personality and friedman and rosenmans study. koabasa looked into hardiness which protects type A againts stressors. there is also is the study of type C women and cancer.stress and the environment could be workplace stressors and might be the volvo plant in sweden (might not be sweden and might not be a volvo plant but anyway). they looked at productivity and illness btw the "finishers" and "cleaners".methods of stress management are errrrrr the stresss innocluation technique (ooh just looked up the swedish thing and it was done by johanssen in sweden on men working in a saw mill)back to the innoculation thing. stage 1 is conceptualisation stage 2 is skills acquisition training and practice and stage 3 is real life application.another method could be biofeedback. when you learn to control heart rate and are taught relaxation techniques. a physiological method could be drugs eg BZs, beta blockers or anti-depressents.random thought here but for the relationship btw stress and environment you could also use life events and write about the social readjustment rating scale by homes and rahe.

hope this all helps and you get ur work in on time!!

Latest

Trending

Trending