The Student Room Group

Schools receiving Results!!! HELP

Hi. My school is opening at 10:00 on results day which I believe is too late since Universities opne their phone lines at 08:00. I was wondering does anyone know how the schools receive our paper results. Are they delivered to the school by the post office or are they sent beforehand on the Wednesday. Does someone from school go to pick them up? Are they individually placed in an envelope for each candidate or is there just a pile of results sheets that the school sorts out? Could you also please help me on what to say to make them open earlier!! I can't wait an extra two hours!!! Thanks
Original post by themath
Hi. My school is opening at 10:00 on results day which I believe is too late since Universities opne their phone lines at 08:00. I was wondering does anyone know how the schools receive our paper results. Are they delivered to the school by the post office or are they sent beforehand on the Wednesday. Does someone from school go to pick them up? Are they individually placed in an envelope for each candidate or is there just a pile of results sheets that the school sorts out? Could you also please help me on what to say to make them open earlier!! I can't wait an extra two hours!!! Thanks

Dear themath

I can understand your concerns. But this is a decision for each school to take, and how they give out the results varies. So I can't really help much here and you do need to go back to your school on this one. But do remember that UCAS will be sending out an email to all students first thing Thursday morning, letting you know whether you have your university place or not. And that does not depend on your school. That email will not however let you know your actual A level results.

Nicola
Reply 2
Thank you for the response. I'm trying to liaise through an email with my school now, but it's very difficult without trying to sound rude. I know that other schools in the area are opening at 07:30 so it's very frustrating knowing that thousands of colleges in the country will in essence have a head start if things don't go to plan.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by themath

Your school are told via online earlier that morning...6am if I remember. They see the list and usually the school will send your teachers your individual grades.
Original post by themath
Thank you for the response. I'm trying to liaise through an email with my school now, but it's very difficult without trying to sound rude. I know that other schools in the area are opening at 07:30 so it's very frustrating knowing that thousands of colleges in the country will in essence have a head start if things don't go to plan.

It's worth remembering that no-one can add a Clearing choice after 5pm, and places do not go so quickly that you don't have time to think about things. 10am is a common time and it is later than some schools, but there will spaces still available. You can still check Track in the morning, then if you are in a position where you need to act quickly then you can use the additional time you have in the morning before you collect results to consider your options and do your research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending