This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Meiwes

In 2001, 41-year-old Mr Meiwes advertised on the internet for a well-built male prepared to be slaughtered and then consumed.
The ad was answered by 43-year-old Bernd-Jurgen Brandes.
According to Meiwes, Brandes agreed to have his penis cut off. Meiwes then flambéed it and the two men ate it together.
Meiwes then stabbed Brandes repeatedly in the neck until he was dead, dissected the corpse and ate it.
The whole thing was captured on a camcorder; a recording the jurors will have to watch.
It’s the claim that Bernd-Jurgen Brandes was a willing victim which really baffles us. It simply beggars belief. What kind of twisted psychological state can drive a man to volunteer to be killed and eaten?

The instinct towards self-preservation drives our horror. On an individual level we don’t want our bodies to be sliced, diced or dismembered in any way whatsoever. At a social level, we know that eating each other would destroy the species. Thus the taboo.

But it’s surprising how these mortal fears can be overcome by other instincts; especially the one that makes us protect our young. Peter Randall, from Sevenoaks in Kent, hit the headlines this week because he wanted to sell one of his kidneys. He needed the money to help fund medical treatment for his six-year-old daughter who has Cerebral Palsy.

So he posted an advert for the organ on ebay with a reserve price of £50,000. Unfortunately for him, squeamishness is institutionalised and his ad was removed by the company.

The sale of body parts is banned… presumably to prevent people like Mr Meiwes – who probably should be institutionalised – from purchasing them for dinner.

ok the above is from a bbc page, and this is pretty old news. What are your views of cannbalism? I have seen and watched some of the most disgusting films in the world (dont ask me which ones), but i still find cannibalism and the underlined bits pretty grewsome...
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What are we supposed to say, "oh no cannibalism is great, people make such good meat, big up Jonathan Swift"...

My mate said to me, "you want wierd, go to Korea and eat dogs, that's the extreme of wierd, you just don't go further than that!"
TheWolf
Rep:
?
(Original post by XTinaA)
What are we supposed to say, "oh no cannibalism is great, people make such good meat, big up Jonathan Swift"...

My mate said to me, "you want wierd, go to Korea and eat dogs, that's the extreme of wierd, you just don't go further than that!"
lol, ive eaten dog myself when i went to seoul
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm going to have nightmares now reading about it all again...
TheWolf
Rep:
?
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I'm going to have nightmares now reading about it all again...
sorry its just that i hardly ever have the chance to dicuss this with anyone, obviously it is pretty nasty stuff, so i think its safer to do it in this forum
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
all i can honestly say is ,..........ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwww
its so disgusting...like in hannibal when he eats the guys brain! UGH
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well the instinct for self preservation may overcome that very taboo. Remember that plane crash in the Andes, where a group of people where stranded and had nothing to eat? Hmm?
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Why eat people when we can eat yummy pigs, cows and chickens?
Exactly dammit, and they don't have friends and family to worry about
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
all i can honestly say is ,..........ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwww
its so disgusting...like in hannibal when he eats the guys brain! UGH
Eugh! I remeber that, what was funny was that he was still alive, apart from that, it was disgusting.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
sorry its just that i hardly ever have the chance to dicuss this with anyone, obviously it is pretty nasty stuff, so i think its safer to do it in this forum
(accusingly) you're not sorry at all!
blissy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I worked in a museum and I got to play with all the non=PC (readinteresting) stuff including cannibal bowls made out of skulls with inlaid mother-on-pearl and special four-pronged forks for eating brains with. My favourite part was the bone store... oo and the poisonous arrows and swords.

<those were the days>
TheWolf
Rep:
?
(Original post by blissy)
I worked in a museum and I got to play with all the non=PC (readinteresting) stuff including cannibal bowls made out of skulls with inlaid mother-on-pearl and special four-pronged forks for eating brains with. My favourite part was the bone store... oo and the poisonous arrows and swords.

<those were the days>
lol
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (169)
24.82%
Better than expected (141)
20.7%
Worse than expected (371)
54.48%

Watched Threads