Changing notes to coins? Watch

This discussion is closed.
helen-a-ravenclaw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I need to change a £10 note into £1 coins for tomorrow, and I won't be able to get to a bank before it closes.

Would I be able to get this done at the post office?
JammyChoos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im sure if you go to your local newsagents or any shop really, they'll be happy to do it
hellohihey
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Post offices will but only providing they have enough change themselves, so try a newsagents as suggested too

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JammyChoos)
Im sure if you go to your local newsagents or any shop really, they'll be happy to do it
Errrr no.
JammyChoos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by james1211)
Errrr no.
Really? Strange.. In my area they do..
tamimi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw)
I need to change a £10 note into £1 coins for tomorrow, and I won't be able to get to a bank before it closes.

Would I be able to get this done at the post office?
Depends what post office.
The "Main" branches all do it as a service. So definitely yes.

Smaller branches or "Local" branches will do it if they have enough coins at their disposal - Much like any other shop.
M4LLY
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Newsageants
helen-a-ravenclaw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Unfortunatley there aren't any newsagents in the local area.

I went into the Waitrose nearby as they have a small post office there, but the line was massive!

So I did a simple thing and bought a drink with the tenner and hoped that I would be able to get the change in pound coins. Luckily I did! Phew.

Thanks for the advice though
tafkap
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No there rarely happy to change paper money or any other kind to be honest. I have a £1 Coin meter and find it very difficult to get them to change it for me
Yoongililphoenix
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I feel ya. I get this a lot since my laundette only takes pound coins. Corner shops, banks, post offices will all happily change up money. I like going to the local bowling/arcade and using the machines there so I dont have to interact with people but be careful since some dont necessarily give it to you in pound coins. They might give you like 10ps or 50s
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (251)
66.58%
No (126)
33.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed