The Student Room Group

Work experience in the beauty industry?

As part of my uni course we've been told we have to arrange 2 weeks of work experience in whatever field we like and as I have a huge passion for beauty and working with in the industry I thought It would be something interesting for me to look into.

What I'm wondering though is are there any of these sorts of work experiences on offer in this sort of industry and where to start? Beauty counters, stores, magazines, etc...?

Any advice would be a HUGE help!! :biggrin:
I'm not in that industry but what I did for my work placement was just go into local firms handing in my cv and asking if they allowed work placement students there.

For beauty etc. What area are you more interested in? With things like make up artists and stuff you could see if you're lucky and apply to go into a magazine with photo shoots or if you're really stuck then something like going to boots and watching/helping them at the make up counter.

Something like a local beauty shop which does make up for smaller things like student proms could be worth looking into.

I don't know how much experience you have but it's always good to get a rounded idea and maybe working up from the bottom would be good. So maybe they won't let you in to top shoots now, but just building up a record of little things...

Not sure if this will help as I don't really have any knowledge in this area but good luck!! I hope all goes well for you :smile:

This was posted from TheLightbulbKid - voicing an opinion and attempting to give advice :smile: on the iPad/iPod app

Quick Reply

Latest