How hard is FP3 compared to FP1 and FP2?

Watch
valeryblack
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Just share ur opinion. (for Edexcel btw...)
Gaz031
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by valeryblack)
I believe P6/FP3 is easier than P5/FP2 and probably a bit more interesting.
KAISER_MOLE
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
Gaz has hit the nail on the head, with an enormous mallet
valeryblack
Rep:
So fp3 is actually easier than fp2??
Ok, put it the other way. How big is the difference between C4 and fp1/2/3 ?
Gaz031
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
So fp3 is actually easier than fp2??
Ok, put it the other way. How big is the difference between C4 and fp1/2/3 ?
It's more of a natural progression than a jump. Going from C4 to FP1 shouldn't be much more difficult than going from C3 to C4. If you were getting comfortable A grades in Mathematics that shouldn't change in Further Mathematics. FP2 is probably the hardest pure module though.
valeryblack
Rep:
Which part is sooooo hard in fp2?
Gaz031
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
Which part is sooooo hard in fp2?
It's not that much harder but the integration and coordinate geometry questions are probably a little longer and more involved than what you'll have done in previous modules. Once you've done lots of practice though you'll be able to spot the tricks and so on easily.
ssmoose
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
fp3 is easier than fp2 and quite alot of fp1 but also quite boring. The matrices...eurgh. The proof section looks quite good though and complex numbers getting deeper can't be a bad thing, fp1 did whitewash it a bit.
Jan
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
I find fp3 quite boring, fp2 is probably the most interesting module out of ftp1-fp3..I wouldn't say one of them is particularly more difficult than the others.
Fp3 book
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I don't think it's possible to use the terms "fp3" and "easier" in the same sentence. Fp3 is diabolical. It is literally THE WORST. Fp2 and Fp1 are pale in comparison to that monster of a module... I mean, my GOD! How is it easier?!
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Fp3 book)
I don't think it's possible to use the terms "fp3" and "easier" in the same sentence. Fp3 is diabolical. It is literally THE WORST. Fp2 and Fp1 are pale in comparison to that monster of a module... I mean, my GOD! How is it easier?!
you are a bit late to join this discussion ...
Attached files
username1162972
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
FP1 is very easy.
FP2 is nice but boring.
FP3 is also nice(imo harder the FP2) but very very interesting with the vectors and matrices etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1162972
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
you are a bit late to join this discussion ...
Lol just seen this

Posted from TSR Mobile
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by physicsmaths)
Lol just seen this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Attached files
Gome44
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by physicsmaths)
FP1 is very easy.
FP2 is nice but boring.
FP3 is also nice(imo harder the FP2) but very very interesting with the vectors and matrices etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You find fp3 matrices interesting?
Tiri
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
The OP is probably married and had kids by now lol
username1162972
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gome44)
You find fp3 matrices interesting?
Yes, very. Although i only learnt it all yesterday 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Izzyclareclarke
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Don't do fp3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads