The Student Room Group

What grades are you hoping for?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lumos
this wasn't aimed at me, but I did the OCR philo&ethics course and just saw the grade boundaries... they seem alright to me... 56 and 61 out of 70 for A*? not bad at all. having said that, I usually do worse in exams than I think I did....

well, the 49 out of 70 for an A on the philosophy suggests that the philosophy paper was harder :/ 55 out of 70 for the ethics suggests that ethics was easier :/ i hope all is in our favour!

so 56 in the philosophy paper is A*? and 61 in the ethics is A*?
Reply 41
Hoping for A*A*A* but expecting A*A*A
OMG OMG! HURRY UP TOMORROW, MAY AS WELL GET IT OVER WITH :l
Reply 43
A*AA with the A* in French or Spanish.
Reply 44
CCD is all I need.
Reply 45
hoping for AAA
expecting:
history-B
politics-B
geography- maybe an a
Reply 46
Original post by thelawstudent
well, the 49 out of 70 for an A on the philosophy suggests that the philosophy paper was harder :/ 55 out of 70 for the ethics suggests that ethics was easier :/ i hope all is in our favour!

so 56 in the philosophy paper is A*? and 61 in the ethics is A*?

as far as I remember... I was surprised that the A* philosophy boundary was so low but I didn't really like the paper... not sure about ethics, but pretty sure it was at least 60, yes.
good luck! :smile:
BCE at the best.

CDU at the worst :frown:
Maths - A
Further Maths - B
Philosophy and ethics - low A/high B
History - low B
I'm hoping my A-levels won't fall into some horrible tear in space-time and thus I get to keep them.

Unless that would mean I get extenuating circumstances bonus points.
What would make my dreams come true: aaab
What I would get at worst: bbcc
What I think I will get: aabc
Reply 51
Hoping for: A*A*A*A* in maths, FM, Bio and economics
Expecting A*A*A*A with the A being in economics
Need: A*A*AA (Cambridge won't accept achieved grades so A*AA standard offer applies on top of A* already achieved in maths)
Worst possible: A*AAA (already achieved A* in Maths and based on my UMS from other modules it would be nearly impossible to not get at least As in the other subjects).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by Andrew1994
I need that for UEA too, what course have you applied for? I'm hoping they let me in with ABD/AAD or similar as that's what i'm hoping for :/

Ive been told by multiple sources that UEA usually are good with people that miss their offers, so lets hope!

Psychology me :smile:
What about you?
I'm hoping for A*A*AA or more. I'm expecting A*AAA (with the A* in Maths) and I need AAA for Uni.
Original post by Jorddds
Ive been told by multiple sources that UEA usually are good with people that miss their offers, so lets hope!

Psychology me :smile:
What about you?

i've heard the same sort of thing. Business management for me!
Hoping for ABBB - AABB or AABC at AS
A in Politics
A in Sociology
A in English Language

What I actually got:

Politics:
English:
Sociology:
Reply 57
Does anyone know if Oxford are at all lieniet with there offers? Its ery unlikely to happen but whats the chance they would let me in if I missed a grade in a subject.
I need ABB to get into my first choice, I already have BBBB from January resits, so now I'm just relying on my French B to turn into an A. I'm scared I won't get it :frown:
I need 3As...
I would love A*A*A - A*s in English Literature and Sociology and an A in History.
I think I will get an A* in English Literature (fingers crossed) ... I'm not sure about Sociology, I'm never sure though.

And History... I think I have an A, but I thought that last year and ended up with a B.... so, honestly, I really don't know.

Quick Reply

Latest