The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have the answer key. John Taylor himself sent it to me. I suggest that you try and contact him, he is head of the Classics department at Tonbridge Boys Grammar and he is lovely, helpful and enthusiastic. He gave me free tuition lessons and everything.
Original post by cathydd
Hi I've started trying to teach myself Ancient Greek using John Taylor's Greek to GCSE part 1 but there doesn't appear to be any answer key to the exercises so I can't tell if what I'm doing is right. Does anyone know where I can find an answer key?

Thanks!

SEE:

http://johntaylorgreek.wordpress.com/
Reply 4
I am a student at the University of Exeter and I am using the Greek to GSCE series to revise my Greek. In order to get onto the answer key you know have to have an approved log in. Is there any other way of getting the answers? Or could someone just post them on here please? Thank you
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Classics3
I am a student at the University of Exeter and I am using the Greek to GSCE series to revise my Greek. In order to get onto the answer key you know have to have an approved log in. Is there any other way of getting the answers? Or could someone just post them on here please? Thank you

Try emailing him at [email protected] ? I've heard of other people being sent the answer keys this way.
I got the answer key by emailing him- he wrote back to me within the hour, and was very lovely and helpful.
Reply 7
Can you host that key somewhere? I can't access wordpress atm and I know for a fact he has left Tonbridge School, and as such his email has been suspended. Cheers
Yes, same here, I cannot find answer keys. I know the author is no longer at Tonbridge School so I have no way of contacting him. Can the link be posted here? Hope so...
Hi, what email did you use for him? His Tonbridge one has been suspended
Any luck?
I emailed the publishers and they forwarded it to him but I'm waiting to hear back. It's been about a month so I'm going to try emailing them/him again.
I emailed him today (with the address [email protected] he posted in the comments on the Amazon reviews) and he got back to me within two hours...

Good luck with the Greek!
poo off, everyone. Why don't you hire a Greek tutor or something rather than asking other random people these questions???!!!!!
f***
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pigeonlover
poo off, everyone. Why don't you hire a Greek tutor or something rather than asking other random people these questions???!!!!!
f***

Because John Taylor states in the very beginning of his book that answer keys can be obtained via the publisher.

Free resource that the author is willing to give to those who want it vs a £20 an hour (that's the going rate) tutor? And that's before we get on to the huge shortage of Classics teachers in general let alone people with the necessary qualifications, time, and inclination to tutor Greek.
Reply 15

Anyway you could post the login info
Reply 16
Original post by FallingSaluki
I got the answer key by emailing him- he wrote back to me within the hour, and was very lovely and helpful.

Hi please may you either post or PM me the login info as it would save lots of time for me
Many thanks
Dear All,

Would someone be so kind to PM me the login details as well. I'm desperate to know whether I'm doing things correctly.

Many thanks.
Reply 18
Having emailed John Taylor requesting the login I learnt that the Wordpress wants affiliated with John Taylor and was shut down. If you email him using the email that someone else in this thread posted ( I have forgotten it)then he will send you the answers sent as an attachment. Hope this helps ( the correct email is not the tonbridge one)
Original post by Greeki
Having emailed John Taylor requesting the login I learnt that the Wordpress wants affiliated with John Taylor and was shut down. If you email him using the email that someone else in this thread posted ( I have forgotten it)then he will send you the answers sent as an attachment. Hope this helps ( the correct email is not the tonbridge one)

Please could you do me a massive favour and email me the attachment?

Latest