Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just rang lse 's ug admissions and they said my application has been sent to the admissions tutor few days ago (after 4 months !!!)
    has anybody else rang them? I don;t know how long it'll take them to let me know from now ...do u think i should email them and ask??? don;t wanna piss them off to be honest but its really really LOOOOOONG
    Also she said there is no point of sending any extra information now because they r going to reply by end of march anyway.

ReputationRep:
    damn that sucks

ReputationRep:
    Come on cut them some slack. Have you seen the number of applications that they receive, it is insane. I would rather that they take until June and do it properly. Would you rather they just randomly threw half in the bin without looking at them? Because thats the only way I can see that they could do it any faster.

ReputationRep:
    true.. cam and ox manage to turn them round in just a couple of months.. if they can do it why cant elsewhere....

ReputationRep:
    Oxbridge barely average three applicants a place across the board, plus they have the interview to help make up their mind, the LSE have closer to 10, plus they have no such decision making tool as an interview

ReputationRep:
    I'm a student at LSE...I went through the same thing, they took ages to reply. Then again, they were also more generous in giving me a place even though I didn't get the AAA they wanted (I got ABB so I was lucky).

ReputationRep:
    Law...tough stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh3zzz)
    Law...tough stuff.
    What accomodation did you/are you staying in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a student at LSE...I went through the same thing, they took ages to reply. Then again, they were also more generous in giving me a place even though I didn't get the AAA they wanted (I got ABB so I was lucky).

my gosh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeroy)
    What accomodation did you/are you staying in?
    I live at home...costs here are way too pricey for me, and my loan doesn't cover much!

(Original post by HamaL)
    I just rang lse 's ug admissions and they said my application has been sent to the admissions tutor few days ago (after 4 months !!!)
    has anybody else rang them? I don;t know how long it'll take them to let me know from now ...do u think i should email them and ask??? don;t wanna piss them off to be honest but its really really LOOOOOONG
    Also she said there is no point of sending any extra information now because they r going to reply by end of march anyway.
    They were shocked when they received mjg's application.. It will take them some time before they start processing apllications again .

ReputationRep:
    I live at home...costs here are way too pricey for me, and my loan doesn't cover much!
    I see. Dont suppose youve had an reports from fellow students on which accomdation is good. Basically I have an offer and am trying to decide on accomodation.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Yeh mjg's got the admissions officed all confused and made them question why they'd entered the world of education in the first place

(Original post by samd294)
    Oxbridge barely average three applicants a place across the board, plus they have the interview to help make up their mind, the LSE have closer to 10, plus they have no such decision making tool as an interview
    4 to a place, and thats now rising to nearly 5
    J

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2004
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.