Year 0 at Carmel College

Watch this thread
Ardinator
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey,

I'm starting a Maths degree with year 0 at Carmel College in September. Does anyone know if we receive a recognisable qualification from year 0?

They sent me the registration pack and asked me to pick 3 modules, 2 being maths. I don't know which other one to choose, physics or IT. I haven't studied either beyond GCSE and have no idea of the module content. Does anyone know where we can find out? I emailed the lady but she didn't reply....

Thanks,

Zak
Ardinator
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
:bump:
tommmmmm
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
the foundation year at carmel college is only recognised as a qualification at the univerisity of liverpool. no where else. hope this helps.
by the way, im also studying at carmel college next year
Timbo12
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
i'm off to carmel next to study the foundation to health studies course. just wondering are you guys staying in halls in the city or opting for something closer to st helens?
DudettePuddin
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I'm at carmel too this september, doing biological sciences and staying in Europa halls
Nicsi
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DudettePuddin)
I'm at carmel too this september, doing biological sciences and staying in Europa halls
How much is costing you to live there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
WeepingAngel94
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I am studying Chemical Sciences there! I'm not sure which options to take either I have to take Chemistry, and I want to take maths, just not sure of the other two! Plus, I don't know if we have accommodation on the Liverpool Uni site OR we have to find our own accommodation!
sthelenstutor
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I am a science tutor in the St Helens area.

I have tutored Year 0 students from Carmel College/University of Liverpool, including those on the medicine/dentistry/veterinary programme.

Fantastic course and a great opportunity but if you need extra help please PM me. The biology, chemistry and biochemistry can be a lot to get your head around, especially for mature students/students who have been out of education for a while.
Sarymary89
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DudettePuddin)
I'll be doing biological sciences too for year 0, super nervous haha
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dawood22)
I've just completed this year. Last year I had a lot of unanswered questions that no one could answer so this year i'm trying to help, if you've got any questions let me know
Which halls did you live in? I'm not applying for a Foundation Year, though.
dawood22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Applied for Crown place and vine court but I got given Philharmonic court

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gleigh19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone i was just curious what the requirements are exactly for the level 0 ? I was hoping to apply for veterinary science but I don't have As level chemistry. I will have the level 3 diploma in animal management at DDD next September but that is not enough. Anyone else in the same boat ?
Amberooney
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gleigh19)
Hi everyone i was just curious what the requirements are exactly for the level 0 ? I was hoping to apply for veterinary science but I don't have As level chemistry. I will have the level 3 diploma in animal management at DDD next September but that is not enough. Anyone else in the same boat ?
If you go the university of Liverpool website and look at the course 'Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies' it says the exact requirements. It's probably a good idea to email admissions about your application and whether you would be eligible for a place. It does says it's not for school leavers so I would recommend speaking to them directly.

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/un...-requirements/
MischaVP
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I've just completed this year. Last year I had a lot of unanswered questions that no one could answer so this year i'm trying to help, if you've got any questions let me know
Do you know how lenient they were with people who didn't meet the entry requirements?
Farhan560
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MischaVP)
Do you know how lenient they were with people who didn't meet the entry requirements?
I had international qualifications which were almost equivalent to GCSE and my grades were satisfactory but they still offered me a place . Not sure if they are but what I feel is that they judged me on the personal statement as compared to the grades I had .
Lucyemmaa
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
How long are the days? Are they like normal sixth form days as in 9-4 or more like actual uni days?
Riannetori_x
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I will be starting the Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Year 0) in September to go onto dentistry. Is anyone else doing the same? Also, I will be moving to Liverpool from Birmingham and curious if anyone is looking for a room to rent? x
Amberooney
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Good luck! I did year 0 and now I am just finishing my 2nd year of dental school. Year 0 sets you up really well for the course at uni and the teaching at Carmel is great.
Riannetori_x
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Amberooney)
Good luck! I did year 0 and now I am just finishing my 2nd year of dental school. Year 0 sets you up really well for the course at uni and the teaching at Carmel is great.
Thank you ! I’m excited to start. It’s nice to hear positive reviews.
z.13_ZH
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Riannetori_x)
Thank you ! I’m excited to start. It’s nice to hear positive reviews.
Heyy we have a small group going for people doing a fd year at Carmel this year, I could add you if you'd like
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (34)
26.56%
As I expected (44)
34.38%
Harder (43)
33.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.47%

Watched Threads