The Student Room Group
Reply 1
if you think the rejection is unfair you can appeal it and possibly get it changed, but once you've been rejected from a course it's really up to the university whether or not they'll let you be considered for another
Reply 2
Penny1
Just wondering, is it possible for an 'unsuccessful' from one department to be changed to a 'conditional' from another department in the same university do you think??:confused: Anyone had any experience of this?

It's possible, but it's up to the university to transfer your application (they have no obligation to do so). Someone around here was rejected for Actuarial Science @ LSE, but his application was transferred to BSc Business Mathematics + Statistics, and he/she was made an offer.
Reply 3
Knogle
It's possible, but it's up to the university to transfer your application (they have no obligation to do so). Someone around here was rejected for Actuarial Science @ LSE, but his application was transferred to BSc Business Mathematics + Statistics, and he/she was made an offer.

So basically if the university are happy to transfer the application to the new department, then it's possible? Even after the original "unsuccessful" has gone up on Track?

Thanks for your help guys! :smile:
Reply 4
Penny1
So basically if the university are happy to transfer the application to the new department, then it's possible? Even after the original "unsuccessful" has gone up on Track?

Thanks for your help guys! :smile:

Yes. :smile: They can always change the course code and the decision on their end, so it's not the end of the road.
Reply 5
Knogle
Yes. :smile: They can always change the course code and the decision on their end, so it's not the end of the road.

Well that at least means there's still hope, so thanks Knogle! :smile:
Reply 6
Hey, I was rejected from Nottingham Uni for Ancient History and History, got a letter from the uni through saying i was rejected but could offer me Archaeology instead. Track then changed the course code and my offer came up! it never said unsuccesfull though
Reply 7
There is still hope, but you should think about picking a new course that is less popular or requires lower grades. It might be an idea to find out why you were rejected, and if possible do things to change that.
Reply 8
this thread might help you penny1: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=207592

regards
--marty
Reply 9
xavier2k3
this thread might help you penny1: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=207592

regards
--marty

Wow! Inspiring indeed! Thanks for that! :biggrin:
My friend got rejected for Physics by Durham and she phoned up and asked to be considered for Natural Sciences. They made her an offer for NatSci, albeit not at her first choice college. :smile:
Penny1
Just wondering, is it possible for an 'unsuccessful' from one department to be changed to a 'conditional' from another department in the same university do you think??:confused: Anyone had any experience of this?

That's exactly what I want to do with York. They rejected me for English Lit but I just recently realised I would have always been better in English/Linguistics there. I dunno whether they'll reconsider cos English there is extremely competetive and it isn't a UCAS Extra course.
I got rejected earlier this week and seen as the deadline was yesterday I dunno whether they'll make any allowances...
Good luck with yours.
Reply 12
Applying4Maths
My friend got rejected for Physics by Durham and she phoned up and asked to be considered for Natural Sciences. They made her an offer for NatSci, albeit not at her first choice college. :smile:

That's very interesting... had UCAS already updated with 'unsuccessful' before she called? Will certainly try now, thanks! :smile:

Affectation
I got rejected earlier this week and seen as the deadline was yesterday I dunno whether they'll make any allowances...

I would think that providing we called before the deadline for accepting offers, we may be ok. March 31st is only a guideline for the uni's and as far as I know they hand out offers well into the summer to late applicants! I think! It's gotta be worth a try........ otherwise we'll always wonder......... :rolleyes:
Reply 13
Yes, universities have up to 09May to make offers to applicants. There's still plenty of time to get those appeals in, or requests to switch courses. Don't be concerned if it already shows up as 'Unsuccessful' on Track - that can easily be changed by universities themselves.
Reply 14
I had 'unsuccessful' on track for over two months before it became 'conditional'. I worried that they wouldn't be able to or would see the unsuccessful and somehow 'remember' that they'd rejected me and do it again, or that it would be easier to keep it rejected. But it changed the same day as everyone else's came through so i guess it's easy for the uni to change.
I asked for my course to be transferred within the same department at Manchester Uni. I got an email back saying they would consider my application but since then i have not heard anything. Is my UCAS track supposed to show the new course that i have applied for?

Am thinkin of calling them up 2mrw just to make sure....
FallenRain
I asked for my course to be transferred within the same department at Manchester Uni. I got an email back saying they would consider my application but since then i have not heard anything. Is my UCAS track supposed to show the new course that i have applied for?

Am thinkin of calling them up 2mrw just to make sure....

What's your course?

What do I say to them? Hmm... I need help before the 9th May deadline (would it be too late if I start calling them up on Friday?)

Many thanks!
Reply 17
hakkashinhwauk
What's your course?

What do I say to them? Hmm... I need help before the 9th May deadline (would it be too late if I start calling them up on Friday?)

Many thanks!

Not too late.. but why wait till Friday when you can do so now?
My appeal with York didn't work...
Figures really.
It was an English course after all.

Latest

Trending

Trending