This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Just a quick dilemma (don't know whether its particularly moral, but there yo go).
Do i go to psychology, or do i stay on the forum.
I don't feel like going to psych, and i wont get anything out of the lesson.
And theres no real chance of me getting caught.
But, is it right for me to miss psychology?
suz19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm facing a similar dilemma- should I do Psychology coursework?? Grrr...I hate Psychology
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Depends on what it will cost you. If there is no way you can be caught out and you definatly won't learn anything new, don't go. If there is homework due, deffinatly don't go. Even if you have done it. Then you give it to a mate to hand in for you and the teacher will never believe you are skiving if you havee handed in the work.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
I'm facing a similar dilemma- should I do Psychology coursework?? Grrr...I hate Psychology
Well coursework goes towards your final grade, so if your grade has any importance whatsoever to you, you should do it.
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Just a quick dilemma (don't know whether its particularly moral, but there yo go).
Do i go to psychology, or do i stay on the forum.
I don't feel like going to psych, and i wont get anything out of the lesson.
And theres no real chance of me getting caught.
But, is it right for me to miss psychology?
You should go, if you stay you'll just convince yourself that you're getting more out of this than your lesson, but in the long run will staying here really help anything? Unless you get a good chat going about psychology stuff... then you can stay!!
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by pal_sch)
Depends on what it will cost you. If there is no way you can be caught out and you definatly won't learn anything new, don't go. If there is homework due, deffinatly don't go. Even if you have done it. Then you give it to a mate to hand in for you and the teacher will never believe you are skiving if you havee handed in the work.
No, theres nothing due today.
Even if there was, that isn't really an issue, because i wouldn't have done it either way.
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well coursework goes towards your final grade, so if your grade has any importance whatsoever to you, you should do it.
I know, I intend to do it, just not at this particular moment
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amb1)
You should go, if you stay you'll just convince yourself that you're getting more out of this than your lesson, but in the long run will staying here really help anything? Unless you get a good chat going about psychology stuff... then you can stay!!
Well i'd say, in a worldly sense, i'm getting more out of being here than being in psychology.
And staying here will improve my mood, and make my last lesson, business, alot more bearable.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
I know, I intend to do it, just not at this particular moment
Well, i've got until friday to do mine.But i've pretty much finished. all i've got to do is the analysis, design, implimentation, results, conclusion, evaluation, references and abstract.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Forum Forum Forum!!!!!!
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well, i've got until friday to do mine.But i've pretty much finished. all i've got to do is the analysis, design, implimentation, results, conclusion, evaluation, references and abstract.
Hehe, not much to do then But surely that's only your 1st draft on Friday anyway isn't it? The deadline's not till April (unless you're on a different Examining Board to me)
Timmy Tapeworm
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You only live once, do what's fun. And anyway, attendance is a load of rubbish and most teachers would agree. All that really matters is your preperation for exams and your coursework marks.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
Hehe, not much to do then But surely that's only your 1st draft on Friday anyway isn't it? The deadline's not till April (unless you're on a different Examining Board to me)
No, not much.
No, its the final document. I'm on AQA B.
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
No, not much.
No, its the final document. I'm on AQA B.
Oh, I'm Spec A. Wonder why the deadlines are different??
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Timmy Tapeworm)
You only live once, do what's fun. And anyway, attendance is a load of rubbish and most teachers would agree. All that really matters is your preperation for exams and your coursework marks.
If i was doing whats fun, i'd be in some exotic country drinking copiously.
And i do have the justification that i am doing psych coursework.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
Oh, I'm Spec A. Wonder why the deadlines are different??
Maybe they aren't. Maybe its just my teacher wanting more time to mark everyones work.
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i am doing ocr psychology and my deadline is may 15th!!
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
i am doing ocr psychology and my deadline is may 15th!!
Yeah, but whenever the deadline is, its impossible to do the work before the last week before the deadline.
Ollie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
is pub an option?
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yeah, but whenever the deadline is, its impossible to do the work before the last week before the deadline.

very true!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (7)
63.64%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
18.18%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
9.09%

Watched Threads