Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    ive got all this planned out

emma, rebecca, katie, claire

joseph, harry
    I hope you discussed all that with Katie!

ReputationRep:
    All the ones I like are all classical...

Etc,

Girls: Aurelia, Octavia, Augusta
    and then there is Isobel and Coco.

Boys: Paris, Julian, Julius, Octavian, Dorian, Bowen and I like Noah.

Am I wierd becuase I think Lucifer is a cool name, I mean if it wasnt the devil's name it would be perfectly acceptable. I mean it is now by me but thats becuse im not overly religious.

ReputationRep:
    I know about 6 Paris's but they are all girls....but that doesnt really matter its not a sexed name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    All the ones I like are all classical...

Etc,

Girls: Aurelia, Octavia, Augusta
    and then there is Isobel and Coco.

Boys: Paris, Julian, Julius, Octavian, Dorian and I like Noah.

Am I wierd becuase I think Lucifer is a cool name, I mean if it wasnt the devil's name it would be perfectly acceptable. I mean it is now by me but thats becuse im not overly religious.
    yea lucifer Hmmm an interesting name, if u name you children one day, may i suggest (purely for ur child's sake) to change one letter at least otherwise ur child will probably not have a happy school life..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know but I love Paris for a boy!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know but I love Paris for a boy!!!!!
    I personally favour the teenage mutant hero turtle names..donatello, michelangelo, leonardo..

ReputationRep:

ooh, sorry J nice name though!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fritz)
    I want a girl and a boy. I love the names (girl) Crystal, Arwen, Faith, Grace, Anneke, April and Winona. And (boys) William, Craig, Jacob, Orlando and Logan. I can just see me and whoever I get married to arguing over the name. omg just realised that I love all the girls names I put down, I'm gonna have 7 girls lol. x
    aaw I love Logan for a girl and a boy!! And Reagan for a girl too.
    Hmmm, Reagan, Rimini, Logan and Devon! My kids are going to be bullied!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    i want a girl called aliana or ariana or sumthing like that............................ ............
    any ideas ppl........
    I know its not exactly the same but Annabella is quite nice. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Sasha for a girl and Ethan for a boy.
    Sasha after the DJ? Ethan is a nice name tho, so's Jack that ditzyblonde said. No offence to the rest of you but you are going to raise a generation of weirdos :P names are important imo!

"Modern" names seem so tacky.

ReputationRep:
    When I was little I got a toy rabbit and I said I was going to call it Lucifer but my mum objected so I called her Lucy instead. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowball)
    What do you want to call your kids when you have them? I saw in a magazine the other day a girl called Rimini and i thought that was sooooo sweet!!! About a year or two ago I used to want to call a girl Cacharel after the perfume!!! how young and stupid.
    All I know is that I don't want my children having common (as in most-used) names like James or Sarah, although those are quite nice names.
    i've got loads of names dat i wanna call my kids
    here goes

harvey
    romeo
    aaliya
    jordan
    morgan
    adam
    joshuar
    jerome
    kieren
    dana
    summer
    faye
    roxy

ReputationRep:
    Love the names Darcy and Harrison..
    Maybe Irie for a girl (from White Teeth) and Annaleis
    x x T.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    i still think the best boy name is helmut
    lol don't go into the realm of foreign names.... I can't imagine why anyone would call their daughter Olga!

while we're on shakespearean names, wouldn't it be bad luck (if ur superstitious) calling your children something like Iago, Othello or Shylock?

I agree with JJ, Portia = v cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

I agree with JJ, Portia = v cool
    I had a friend called Portia. Everyone took the piss out of her about it all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I had a friend called Portia. Everyone took the piss out of her about it all the time.
    it sounds a bit like Porsche too. wenn man es mit einem deutschen Akzent sagt.

ReputationRep:
    One of my dad's patients is called Claire Peed. He went into the waiting room to call her in and everyone sat upright and started laughing

My name is odd but not too bad sounding-Hanan. It's the Arabic word for kindness (and I'm not just making that up)

My sister's called Sawsen (people end up calling her saucepan).

My mum knows someone who called their son Zibala (the Arabic word for rubbish) all because they were hoping to have a girl. Some people are so heartless.

More odd names, Dik-Dik, Bongo, Ornyx, Summercloud, Jazz-Ture, Ikea Decibel.

And finally...........

BRFXXCCXXMNPCKCCCC111Mmnprxv1mnc kssqlbb11116.

According to the Swedish parents, that^^^ should be pronounced ''Albin''

The mother has said:

"It is a pregnant, expressionistic typographic design that I see like an artistic new creation in the pathaphysical tradition that I join".

AHEM....

Am I too sheltered a person or are people like this for real?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowball)
    What do you want to call your kids when you have them? I saw in a magazine the other day a girl called Rimini and i thought that was sooooo sweet!!! About a year or two ago I used to want to call a girl Cacharel after the perfume!!! how young and stupid.
    All I know is that I don't want my children having common (as in most-used) names like James or Sarah, although those are quite nice names.
    my fave two names are, Mary-Jane and Francis

ReputationRep:
    Girls:
    Carla
    Jeanne
    Lianne
    Mary-Ann

Boys:
    Iain
    Hayden
    Pierre
    William
    Quentin

May just be a phase tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Remy for a girl? But it's a boy's name.
    It can be both. My mum was going to call me Remy but my father intervened and instead i'm now Aleena, what an unexciting name , no fair

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.