Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    lol don't go into the realm of foreign names.... I can't imagine why anyone would call their daughter Olga!

while we're on shakespearean names, wouldn't it be bad luck (if ur superstitious) calling your children something like Iago, Othello or Shylock?

I agree with JJ, Portia = v cool
    I agree with you, Olga... just....no!!! I know an Olga and let's just say her name is suitable for her! :0 xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowball)
    I agree with you, Olga... just....no!!! I know an Olga and let's just say her name is suitable for her! :0 xxx
    Heh! Olga sounds... odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    It can be both. My mum was going to call me Remy but my father intervened and instead i'm now Aleena, what an unexciting name , no fair
    I think Aleena is quite nice actually reminds me of the princess from Sleeping Beauty, Aurora or something! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meerkat)
    Heh! Olga sounds... odd.
    Olga is a cute name, although i wouldn;t name my child that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meerkat)
    Heh! Olga sounds... odd.
    I know it almost sounds like its a mix of older and ugly! sorry to anyone who just happens to be called Olga and is thinking 'what a *****y place, this UK Learning forum! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Olga is a cute name, although i wouldn;t name my child that
    What are you on?! x

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmm, baby name.... i gues that id have to go for dante... or anastasia....... i dont know why....

ReputationRep:
    What are you on?! x
    It is cute. It's sweet.

ReputationRep:
    It is cute. It's sweet.
    Each to their own I guess!! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    hmmmmm, baby name.... i gues that id have to go for dante... or anastasia....... i dont know why....
    Dante is kind of cute actually, though it reminds me of that film with Pierce Brosnan (mmmm) in it, called Dante's Peak!!! It's about a volcanic eruption for those who have never seen it

ReputationRep:
    please try to remember these babies will grow into adults:P how would you like to be going around called olga or dante?

ReputationRep:
    how can you make an entire movie about an eruption?
    and i get the name dante from devil may cry. a great game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    please try to remember these babies will grow into adults:P how would you like to be going around called olga or dante?
    Hee Hee, good point! I just laughed out loud at the thought of it! And what if the kid had a bad surname too! Like, i don't know... Olga Longbottom!

ReputationRep:
    Oh! I like Thera too.

ReputationRep:
    I think Aleena is quite nice actually reminds me of the princess from Sleeping Beauty, Aurora or something! xxx
    aw thanks, i hate it, that's why i prefer being called Alee

ReputationRep:
    i like the name shane for some reason

ReputationRep:
    I like Jessica, Louise, Chantelle....

ReputationRep:
    woah, i could never call a kid chantelle..... i knew a chantelle once, right ***** she was.... put me right off..... a lot of english names do that to me....

ReputationRep:
    sounds french to me :P

ReputationRep:
    Would you ever call your child a gem, ruby, sapphire, amber etc.....?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.