The Student Room Group
Reply 1
*Bump*, anyone know of it?
Reply 2
Hi
I am a current student and i have mixed views. The college is very geared to achieving results which is good but the facilities are VERY limited - some of the rooms you see on their website are not within the college! Also the staff quality is mixed. To do well you have to vocationally driven. The students are mainly foreign nad some obviosuly do not want to be there as they mess about in class too much
The college seems to be interseted in getting top level school fees for minimum facilities and quality. if you have a visit you will not be shown around like you are at other colleges as they have nothing to show you. We have a really small crap common room and no food facilities at all- I looked to move to another college but it was too late
Good luck
Bumped.

Albemarle is the best school for anyone lazy, hard, quality teachers who are caring and approachable and will willingly sacrifice personal time for you. I had Ashley for Psychology and he's amazing, would reply to my late emails, etc. Got C at my old school for AS, and got A* at Albemarle

to that unappreciative idiot going on about our facilities, the school has spent every cent on quality teaching, albeit at the sacrifice of unimportant/ frivolous facilities.

excuse you, I'm a foreign student and I graduated with A*AA IN A YEAR, so did my other foreign friend and another gt A*AB. seems like the locals are the ones messing around and doing resits

our principals try to have a personal relationship with all of us, and the priority of the school is to get us to whatever top uni we desire. They do have excellent track record.

Most of the teachers are excellent, you can talk to the principal freely should you want to change out of a class, they are very flexible and understanding.

Highly recommended, did not think I would do so well.
you're an idiot for saying so. Don't you have a personal relationship with both the principals? the school is small primarily because it is very central, all my friends and I have graduated with top grades. And we are all foreign students - A*A*A*A, A*AA, A*AB, 2014 results, lol. seems like the locals are the ones resitting papers and
Reply 5
For anyone who stumbles across this thread I did end up choosing Albemarle and was very happy I did. I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a sixth form college in London :smile:
I too studied at Albemarle & achieved 3 A* in A-level Maths, Biology & Chemistry. I cant emphasize how much help i received from the tutors. They were always approachable and were always giving me extra work to do to make sure i was up to A* standard.

A few of my friends studied at other colleges and didn't do so well.

Loved every minute of my two year course and would highly recommend this place to anyone
(edited 7 years ago)
Is it difficult to get into the school?

Original post by United Forever
I too studied at Albemarle & achieved 3 A* in A-level Maths, Biology & Chemistry. I cant emphasize how much help i received from the tutors. They were always approachable and were always giving me extra work to do to make sure i was up to A* standard.

A few of my friends studied at other colleges and didn't do so well.

Loved every minute of my two year course and would highly recommend this place to anyone
Reply 8
Original post by SunsetDivine
Is it difficult to get into the school?

Hi, did you end up attending? If so how difficult is it to get in

Latest