The Student Room Group

The Big "Are My Grades Good Enough for Cambridge?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Are my grades good enough for Cambridge GCSEs 1A 1B 2Cs and AS grades AAC?
Original post by HamzaD
Are my grades good enough for Cambridge GCSEs 1A 1B 2Cs and AS grades AAC?

The amount of times I’ve seen u ask this 😂 simply putting it , NO, unless of course u have extenuating circumstances, which still wouldn’t do much I would think
Original post by crazykiwi
I know that AS+A levels are more important, but I was wondering what GCSEs would be good enough. I want to do History if that helps, and I'm choosing my options in March-April, and I want to do:

English Lang.
English Lit.
French
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Drama
History
Citizenship (I'm not too sure about this one, any advice on this course?)

Hello Mate, just finished my mocks and submitting a Cambridge application in for history.

For me a must have is History, all though it is completely different at a-level and as an undergraduate.
Both English subjects should be compulsory, if oddly it isn't, then make sure to have both.
As someone who got a grade 9 in citizenship, for me personally, it was the easiest thing I did and linked very well to the sociopolitical and economic sides to history. History is more than just analysing sources, it is developing a political stance and understanding your own politics as much as the opposing view.

I currently do the making of modern Britain from 1954 to 2008, where, politics and especially economics is important. Citizenship definitely covers the political side. Feel free to PM me on any questions or reply here
so i got 3 7's 4's 6's and 2 5's... i want to do medicine at cambridge but i feel these grades are awful, but during gcses i had terrible circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending