Which 4 AS Courses from the list is best to take to study each Uni course?! Watch

aceySnicks_x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
University courses
Accounting and Finance
Business Mangement
Midwifery
English Lang and Lit
Computer Science
Philosophy
Religion, Philosophy & Ethics
Education and Professional Studies
Criminology
Economics
Film Studies
Nursing
Political Economy
International Relations
International Politics

AS courses
English Lang
English Lit
History
Philosophy
Sociology
Psychology
Economics
Geography
Political Science
Computer Science
Biology
Accounting
Business Studies
Religion
Film Studies
Law

(Do i need to add others? as i'm avoiding partaking in University courses that require maths or chemistry or physics a level as a must and also possibly biology as i'm just ok in that)

(Are the university courses really worth it? What careers do you have access to for each of them?)

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE!
IN ANXIETY OF YOUR REPLY ::eek::eek::eek::eek::
Tesphena
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can't narrow down your uni course choice from 15 options? Just pick A-levels subjects you have an interest in, if you do that then I guarantee that you'll be doing ones suited to a university degree you'll enjoy.
Shelly_x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For Nursing and Midwifery I think you will need biology. You reaaalllyy need to narrow down your choices.
Meat is Murder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think it is clear the OP is not considering all those uni courses but is merely wanting to find out which A levels are best for each course....surely....
lilibeth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nursing and midwifery you'll probably want to take a science and possibly a social science. But yes, maybe look at what A Levels you'd enjoy and then look at what uni courses you could fit into those.
Damask-
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Seeing as you don't have maths on the AS courses list, you can pretty much cross out computer science and economics from the degree list.
aceySnicks_x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Damask-)
Seeing as you don't have maths on the AS courses list, you can pretty much cross out computer science and economics from the degree list.
but some unis dont reqire maths, i checked
Damask-
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aceySnicks_x)
but some unis dont reqire maths, i checked
More do than don't, and it would be invaluable to have. You're right though - not everywhere lists it as a prerequisite.
SpicyStrawberry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Those university courses are very varied, it would be difficult to say which A-levels would be best for all of them. Stick to traditional subjects if you're unsure which course you might be interested in, they will keep most options open.

Traditional subjects include English Literature, Maths, the sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics), modern languages, History and Geography.
HanyaJane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the majority are pretty obvious tbh. :P if something seems pretty essay based, then take a levels that would also be essay based.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (84)
26.09%
No (238)
73.91%

Watched Threads