Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive achieved A*AA (chem, bio, maths) and im just wondering what are the best courses I can realistically get into and the best unis i can get into aswell

I dont think i would still get into any med or dentist courses

ReputationRep:
    Medicine, Dentistry pretty much anything you want, all the doors are open for you young one.

ReputationRep:
    ...anything you like

ReputationRep:
    well would it narrow it down if I said i only wanted to study a "top" uni

Plus, my trio of subjects dont allow me to apply to anything surely

you got those grades but u dunno how to research the best uni's for u and what course you could do?

o-kay:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Have a look around, see what takes your fancy. Your the one thats going to be in a job for the next 30+ years based on your degree.

ReputationRep:
    Literally any Med, Vet, Dentistry, Biochem, Chem, Bio, so much. Those are Oxbridge, UCL, Duhram, Imperial, any university anywhere grades. As long as you interview well, have good work experience and PS as well. For any Uni below the top 5/6, an average PS will get you in with those grades. Are you going through adjustment, or reapplying next year?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melevin9)
    well would it narrow it down if I said i only wanted to study a "top" uni

Plus, my trio of subjects dont allow me to apply to anything surely
    Your trio of subjects are perfect for Med, Vet, Chem,Biology, Dentistry, Biochem. You can apply and get in to any Uni, but maybe a good PS and work experience for Oxbridge & UCL.

ReputationRep:
    Photography

ReputationRep:
    The problem with med/dentistry is that my gcse grades fall below their criteria as i only have 5 A*/A grades at gcse

Would I still get considered

ReputationRep:
    The problem with med/dentistry is that my gcse grades fall below their criteria as i only have 5 A*/A grades at gcse

Would I still get considered
    Maybe, phone some uni's up and ask. Do you have any extenuating circumstances?If your grades are well above the average at your school(like if you went to a really bad state comp), they may take that into consideration. Also, what did you get in your other gcses or is it that you have 5 GCSE's which are all a*\a?

ReputationRep:
    May I suggest the University of Southampton for any of those 3 subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldor)
    Maybe, phone some uni's up and ask. Do you have any extenuating circumstances?If your grades are well above the average at your school(like if you went to a really bad state comp), they may take that into consideration. Also, what did you get in your other gcses or is it that you have 5 GCSE's which are all a*\a?

To be fair I did actually go to one of the worst high schools in my county. I got a few B's at gcse.

I think the med school admins care more about gcse's than frikin a level results lol

ReputationRep:
    Next year, anything you want really.

In Clearing, anything you want at unis in clearing.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair I did actually go to one of the worst high schools in my county. I got a few B's at gcse.

I think the med school admins care more about gcse's than frikin a level results lol
    John Hunt in Basingstoke?
    Parklands High in Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking of engineering but i think im very restricted to what i can actually apply for seeing as i dont have a Physics a level

ReputationRep:
    Get into Petroleum work, or Geology work, good money!

ReputationRep:
    Media studies in London metropolitan...

ReputationRep:
    For someone with outstanding results, you do seem to lack common sense.
    It's obvious that you'll find any med courses with those tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghanglish)
    Photography
    Just about the only thing he is not equipped for, because he won't have an art portfolio.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.