UK Clothing Trends/Fashions Watch

ConnorTheYank
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am from America, a place where males do not know how to dress, and when they do dress well, they are labeled as gay. Anyway, what are some popular fashions for men in the UK. Whenever I go there, my friends have on skinny chinos, Converse trainers and some hipster-esqe graphic tee. Is this a popular trend? What are your personal favourite (mainstream) male fashions?
ConnorTheYank
Rep:
?
Someone please reply lol
?!master?!mini?!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
some slim jeans, tee and sneakers. maybe a cardigan if feeling chilly. pretty casual
ConnorTheYank
Rep:
?
(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
some slim jeans, tee and sneakers. maybe a cardigan if feeling chilly. pretty casual
Thanks! What I usually where now is a slim fit chino with vintage sneakers, and a striped/patterned tee shirt, maybe with a cardigan or "jumper".
?!master?!mini?!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ConnorTheYank)
Thanks! What I usually where now is a slim fit chino with vintage sneakers, and a striped/patterned tee shirt, maybe with a cardigan or "jumper".
you'll fit right in.

vintage sneakers. what we talkin?
User990473
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
80s Nike trainers... you can't go wrong haha. I am 17 and have 4 pairs of nikes from the 80s, they were amazing
ConnorTheYank
Rep:
?
(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
you'll fit right in.

vintage sneakers. what we talkin?
Good! And the sneakers are relatively new, but they are like a retro, throwback type of thing. They are suede and the color is maroon. In my opinion, they go pretty well with most of my other clothes.
ConnorTheYank
Rep:
?
(Original post by Occams Chainsaw)
80s Nike trainers... you can't go wrong haha. I am 17 and have 4 pairs of nikes from the 80s, they were amazing
Nice! What type of trainers are more popular in the UK: Athletic-type trainers or converse/retro trainers?
?!master?!mini?!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good! And the sneakers are relatively new, but they are like a retro, throwback type of thing. They are suede and the color is maroon. In my opinion, they go pretty well with most of my other clothes.
have fun.
User990473
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I go for running trainers, they are just so comfy. I don't particularly care about what's in fashion haha.
Attached files
ser00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nice! What type of trainers are more popular in the UK: Athletic-type trainers or converse/retro trainers?
converse type for casual wear are definitely more popular and fashionable, but you're not gonna get ridiculed for wearing the sporty kind

and seriously, you can't go wrong with jeans/chinos (not too tight though) and a t-shirt (as long as it doesn't have a massive brand name, slogan or naked girl on the front). tbh, UK fashion is veryyy similar to US fashion, since we pretty much copy you guys
ConnorTheYank
Rep:
?
(Original post by ser00)
converse type for casual wear are definitely more popular and fashionable, but you're not gonna get ridiculed for wearing the sporty kind

and seriously, you can't go wrong with jeans/chinos (not too tight though) and a t-shirt (as long as it doesn't have a massive brand name, slogan or naked girl on the front). tbh, UK fashion is veryyy similar to US fashion, since we pretty much copy you guys
Thanks! And the only people who pay attention to fashion in the US are people in cities. I live in the suburbs and the typical summer outfit is hightop basketball sneakers, mid-calf socks, khaki cargo shorts, and a Nike or Adidas tee shirt, with a snapback hat optional. It sucks lol.
ser00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks! And the only people who pay attention to fashion in the US are people in cities. I live in the suburbs and the typical summer outfit is hightop basketball sneakers, mid-calf socks, khaki cargo shorts, and a Nike or Adidas tee shirt, with a snapback hat optional. It sucks lol.
ahahahaa nicee...everyone knows mid-calf is the sexiest length of sock

are you coming over here on holiday or something then?

hipster-style tshirts/jumpers are pretty popular, or something pretty plain is fine.. a lot of guys wear long shorts in the summer too.
unfortunately loads of guys wear skinny jeans as well - biggest turn off for me though :/
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dress like this, you'll fit in great.

Or just look at US fashion 15years ago and you'll get the latest fashion for the UK.
ConnorTheYank
Rep:
?
(Original post by ser00)
ahahahaa nicee...everyone knows mid-calf is the sexiest length of sock

are you coming over here on holiday or something then?

hipster-style tshirts/jumpers are pretty popular, or something pretty plain is fine.. a lot of guys wear long shorts in the summer too.
unfortunately loads of guys wear skinny jeans as well - biggest turn off for me though :/
Yes it is lol. And yes, I am coming to look at unis and to catch up with my friends who moved back to England last October. And yeah, I don't have any skinny jeans haha.
WizzleKidd
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
wear some chinos, a snapback hat, any tee or polo, and for shoes either vans, nike blazers or jordans and you will fit riiggghtt in

suddenly everyone wears this :dontknow:
Lunch_Box
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only certain people can pull off the SnapBack. Otherwise you'll be seem just as a chav.
ConnorTheYank
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lunch_Box)
Only certain people can pull off the SnapBack. Otherwise you'll be seem just as a chav.
Tracksuits aside, what clothes does the chav of today wear?
Lunch_Box
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tracksuits aside, what clothes does the chav of today wear?
CHavs refer more to the type of person, like anti social behaviour... But they tend to wear hollister shirts, track suits as u said, and designer sportswear.
Ryan_94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The same thing happens in Britain really! I dress well and always get called "hipster" or "gay"... Not that it bothers me though, cause just as many people like it, an if I didn't have those labels, it'd be some other negative ones like "wool" or "chav".

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads