Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering if any of you do AS/A2 Economics and if so what you think of it?? (how difficult it is etc.)
    Thank you!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm doing AQA Economics next year for A level. I've just done the GCSE AQA economics course, and having looked at some past papers, it definitely looks a step up - the multiple choice questions really rely on you being able to apply knowledge, rather than just regurgitating facts as it was in the GCSE. As long as you've got all the concepts memorised you'll be fine; PED, PES LRAS LRAD etc just need to be learnt through a variety of examples, and making sure that you're got a good essay style is key it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhiiiiii)
    Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering if any of you do AS/A2 Economics and if so what you think of it?? (how difficult it is etc.)
    Thank you!

Hi, well it been a couple of years but I did an A level in Aqa Economics and have just finish my Bsc economics degree. I think that if you have an interest in economics, it is useful as in the essay having real world knowledge and understanding is useful. It will start reasonably easy as it will focus on demand and supply and the problem of scarcity. However, it does get more difficult as it goes on, so if you do enjoy it, this is very useful tbh. I think that having skills for essay writing and being able to evaluate throughly is important and I would say that it is not easy or difficult.

ReputationRep:
    I've done IGCSE and AS Economics through CIE. If you like essay writing subjects and forming discussion and debates, such as in History, I think you'll enjoy Economics!

I think it's also noteworthy that the quantitate aspect of the subject is minimal at AS; a basic comprehension of Maths would be enough.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone! Thank you for your feedback, it's been really useful. It's good to hear that you enjoyed the subject as I would really like to do it. With regards to the subject content I love essay subjects such as History and RS and Maths wise I'm sitting the IGCSE next year (year 11) and am expected to get an A* (fingers crossed). It sounds like it combines subjects I really enjoy, and I will definitely be finding out more when I get back to school! There would only be 2 or at the most 3 of us in the group so it sounds really promising! Thank you again

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I do really love debating too

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing edexcel economics (just finished AS) and it's my favourite subject by far. I'm not sure if it was because my teacher was very good at condensing it but it felt like there wasn't much content as we spent most of the year practising exam technique and it was my emptiest folder at the end of the year.

I got 92/100 UMS in the 2nd exam.

ReputationRep:
    Defo take A level economics, it's really interesting

I received my AS Econ grade yesterday, A grade but a lot of work and effort was put in so it's not easy

ReputationRep:
    Well done on your results they're really good!! And I don't mind a challenge I'm glad I asked this all your answers are really helpful

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.