Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe the Julian Assange allegations? watch

ReputationRep:
    All this effort into a rape charge, would the governments put this much effort into a rape charge if it were some random man?
    It just seems so suspicious to me.

ReputationRep:
    Seems very suspicious to me. It's an awful lot of resources to put into one rape case that could have contributed to securing multiple other convictions potentially.

ReputationRep:
    It's suspicious if you are an idiot. This is about a "celebrity" who thinks he is above the law - no wonder the Swedish and the UK governments want to clamp down on it as every time he successfully applies for an appeal or swans off to a foreign embassy like a coward and skips bail it makes them look powerless/incompetent to the international community.

This has nothing to do with the USA - he hasn't even been charged with anything over there yet, and it'd make no sense to create some trumped up charges in Sweden when it'd be a helluva lot easier to extradite him from the UK. Also if you look at the statements from his lawyer it's clear that at the very least something morally questionable happened with him and those two girls.

In short, grow up, and stop believing in conspiracy theories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffieFlowers)
    All this effort into a rape charge, would the governments put this much effort into a rape charge if it were some random man?
    He is not charged with rape. Change your OP because at the moment you're committing libel.

Here's a helpful alternative "wanted for questioning by a Swedish prosecutor to discuss allegations of not wearing a condom during consensual sex".

ReputationRep:
    edit: misunderstood other post

ReputationRep:
    His own lawyer said he woke the girl with the act. She didn't consent and made it clear she wanted a condom which his own lawyer said she was prevented from getting. You can find what his lawyer said on the fword, I don't feel comfortable posting the link here because TSR has strict rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntyKun)
    His own lawyer said he woke the girl with the act. She didn't consent and made it clear she wanted a condom which his own lawyer said she was prevented from getting. You can find what his lawyer said on the fword, I don't feel comfortable posting the link here because TSR has strict rules.
    so he had sex with a girl that was sleeping without a condom and he admits that yet people are trying to defend him that is clearly rape whatever way you look at it he is a ****ing slime ball who deserves everything that is coming his way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntyKun)
    "Assange's lawyer described the sexual encounters with the two witnesses as follows, based on their statements "

Surely that's just their allegations? (the quote comes from the fword website)

ReputationRep:
    I believe he stayed in plain sight in Sweden for long enough for any allegations to have been looked at around the time of the incident.

ReputationRep:
    They've had the opportunity to interview him. I don't understand why they don't unless they're liars.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Governments rarely have to put this much effort into extraditions because very few suspected criminals run to an embassy to beg for asylum.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    If he is innocent, why would he run to the Ecuadorian embassy? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea about the validity of the charges. I think he will be extradited to the USA if he faces trial regarding these in a country with an extradition agreement. Therefore I think he should face questioning and trial if necessary on neutral territory. This has been done before and he himself has said he is willing for this to occur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabalala)
    so he had sex with a girl that was sleeping without a condom and he admits that yet people are trying to defend him that is clearly rape whatever way you look at it he is a ****ing slime ball who deserves everything that is coming his way.
    You shouldn't be so quick to judge based solely on the allegations from one side which cannot be supported by anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    He has a habbit of telling the truth so obviously it isn't gonna work out for him if he goes with the police

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I'm very suspicious too. There's got to be bribes and corruption intertwined in all of this, they want to shut the guy up and eventually kill him. Yes, I'm looking at you America...

ReputationRep:
    I would like to think he is innocent, but to be honest, I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    They are a bit of a stretch, at best.

I don't encourage rape in any way, shape nor form.

What happened with Julian Assange and the two ladies is, at best, a very grey area, even on their own testimonies

To say the least, Sweden has a slightly different interpretation of what constitutes "rape" and it would be the interpretation of whether or not these guidelines apply which will determine the outcome of any possible future court case.

ReputationRep:
    He's not a random man though. The state always spend more resources to convict 'celebrities', regardless of who that 'celebrity' may be. The actions of both the UK and Sweden are not unique in that respect and is not evidence of an American conspiracy.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't he questioned before and the charges dropped, and then they suddenly resurfaced after the US cable leak?

Hmmm...

Sweden have been known to send detainees abroad to be tortured on the basis of a flimsy assurance.

I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories, but...

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.