What would you do? Last year of sixth form or FE college!? Opinions Please! :) Watch

ilovedrake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I got my AS results yesturday and received BBD, i was more than happy with these results as i did not try hard at all for my exams because last year i had pretty much given up on school and exams, as i have no interest in the subjects i am doing and do not see them taking me into a career i am interested in (as i do not know yet what career path i would like to follow).

I decided before my exams i would apply to some courses at an FE college as i did not think i would meet the grades to even finish my last year of school nor did i think i wanted to go back even if i did meet the grades.

I have been placed on the waiting list for the 2 courses i applied for and will know by the 28th if i have places in either courses. However i am questioning if i should go now. :unimpressed:

Do you think its silly for me to go and explore other areas i could be interested in and potentially have as my career and do you think it would be wrong for me not to finish my last year of school to go to uni and end up doing a degree i have no interest in?

I feel as if going to an FE college (if i get the place) would make me much more happier and help me in decision making when it comes to uni, i could actually do a degree i am interested in.

I have probably rambled on a lot here, but would appreciate another persons opinion on whether i should go back to sixth form or college, as a lot of my friends and family are telling me that its a stupid decision to not finish sixth form but my best friend thinks i would be a lot happier doing an FE course as she left school after her GCSE's to do the same thing and LOVES it... so im confused! HELPPPPPP :confused: thank you!
bangarang
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
your AS results are good enough to carry onto A2, but if your not sure which uni course you would even like to apply for and you are unhappy in school, theres no harm in exploring a bit at an FE college through a BTEC or something. If all else fails and you want to go back to A levels you have a solid foundation of AS grades which you could build upon at an FE college to!
madders94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do what you're happy with - many FE colleges offer A Levels too, so if you explore the courses you're interested in and don't get much joy, but you've made friends and don't want to be uprooted, you can maybe do A Levels at the college? I've just finished doing my A Levels at an FE college
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (63)
29.44%
No - I got the required grades (122)
57.01%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.55%

Watched Threads