Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got a place at Cardiff Uni on a Geography course yesterday through clearing - phew! you can call their clearing line and speak to admissions tutors.

Does anyone know of good student accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    You won't get anywhere in Talybont through clearing but most other halls will have some rooms, Uni Halls is usually a place where quite a few people in clearing go but they usually get put in some of the crappy buildings there, at least the buzz at uni halls is amazing so maybe have a look there.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!! I got a place at Cardiff through clearing aswell, to study Environmental Geoscience. But I'm really worried about the accomodation, as I still havn't recieved an email telling me how to apply? I'm worried my course will start and I'll have nowhere to live! HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone not applied for accommodation yet? I got the email through this morning with my email and password but I can't get onto the actual accommodation apply page as it just crashes..

ReputationRep:
    Keep calm! They will be able to house everyone this year!

ReputationRep:
    I have an email about residences, but not one containing my userneme and password? Was there a delay between two emails or anything? AAAHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethD93)
    I have an email about residences, but not one containing my userneme and password? Was there a delay between two emails or anything? AAAHHHHH
    I received 3 emails from them this morning: one with my username, one with password, and another later on about the accommodation..

But I still haven't applied for it as I can't get on the website as there's always a server error

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1k9ha5)
    I received 3 emails from them this morning: one with my username, one with password, and another later on about the accommodation..

But I still haven't applied for it as I can't get on the website as there's always a server error
    Everyone seems to have had their username and password and I haven't and I cant get hold of anyone to ask them for it!

Oh noooo!! I just figure that even if we get stuck somewhere awful because we apply late, whoever we are with will be in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone staying in Victoria halls?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I applied through clearing and got an email saying they can't guarantee accommodation for me :/ I have an interview on the 25th when there might be cancellations, fingers crossed! Anyone in the same position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryony7501)
    I applied through clearing and got an email saying they can't guarantee accommodation for me :/ I have an interview on the 25th when there might be cancellations, fingers crossed! Anyone in the same position?
    Yes, I am! Looks like we might be living in a Hotel for a while... I hope they manage to find some vacant places, I'm not sure if I'm keen on living in privately rented accommodation in my first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamJJMc)
    Yes, I am! Looks like we might be living in a Hotel for a while... I hope they manage to find some vacant places, I'm not sure if I'm keen on living in privately rented accommodation in my first year.

I was in exactly the same position after clearing. I really didn't want to go into privately rented accommodation but I found some private halls really close to the main campus and they said that they put all freshers in the same blocks so the experience is the same as uni halls. Here are the links if you want to check them out rather than living in a student house or something!

http://www.libertyliving.co.uk/stude...dation/cardiff

http://www.victoriahall.com/cardiff.html

ReputationRep:

Yeah well the hotel might be fun for a while :P But I would prefer to be on campus for the first year :/ Just had a look at the Victoria Halls link but my finance is going to be late so I wouldn't be able to pay them in full. Not sure what to do, guess we'll just have to wait until the interview and hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well the hotel might be fun for a while :P But I would prefer to be on campus for the first year :/ Just had a look at the Victoria Halls link but my finance is going to be late so I wouldn't be able to pay them in full. Not sure what to do, guess we'll just have to wait until the interview and hope for the best!
    When I spoke to them they were fine with me paying the first installment when my loan came in. From what I hear if people are getting accommodation it will be in uni halls which is really far away. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattie :))
    When I spoke to them they were fine with me paying the first installment when my loan came in. From what I hear if people are getting accommodation it will be in uni halls which is really far away. Good luck

Thanks for the help I'll look into it, would be quite a good location for me if they'll let me in haha!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not gonna sign up for anything just yet accommodation wise, I'll just wait till the 25th and see what the latest is. Have you received that letter they said they would send yet? I'm not back in London until the 15th so I hope we don't have to do anything with the letter anytime soon (eg sign it and send it back)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattie :))
    I was in exactly the same position after clearing. I really didn't want to go into privately rented accommodation but I found some private halls really close to the main campus and they said that they put all freshers in the same blocks so the experience is the same as uni halls. Here are the links if you want to check them out rather than living in a student house or something!

http://www.libertyliving.co.uk/stude...dation/cardiff

http://www.victoriahall.com/cardiff.html

These actually seem quite good but I'm just going to wait and see what they say on the 25th, if campus halls aren't available then these will be my backup. Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not gonna sign up for anything just yet accommodation wise, I'll just wait till the 25th and see what the latest is. Have you received that letter they said they would send yet? I'm not back in London until the 15th so I hope we don't have to do anything with the letter anytime soon (eg sign it and send it back)

Yeah same, think I'm going up before that and staying at a friend's 'cause I don't want to miss out on freshers! Haven't had the letter yet, will let you know what it says when it arrives What are you studying by the way?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to accommodation through clearing, 2 days after I got my results and got an offer almost 3 weeks ago for Cartwright court.. I'm sure you'll all be fine

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same, think I'm going up before that and staying at a friend's 'cause I don't want to miss out on freshers! Haven't had the letter yet, will let you know what it says when it arrives What are you studying by the way?
    Lucky you! When is freshers even supposed to start? I'm actually clueless about whats happening lol. Thanks, that would be good. Accounting, what about you? Where are you coming from to Uni?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.