The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University clearing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Haha sorry I meant him and I, he's rather tall see :P Ah I love Cyprus, never been to Ayia napa though but I've heard good things :smile: Ha nope since I got my first job 2 years ago my account with the bank of mum and dad has practically closed, guess it's worth a shot though :biggrin:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Bryony7501
Oh right haha :P Mines 12pm on the 26th :/ but i'll be around anyway from the 21st, might ask to go into a hotel early cause i feel bad for my friend :P Awh bless well you'll see them at holidays I guess :biggrin:

I'm in the same situation also. I have a meeting on the 25th at 3pm, just hoping for some sort of accommodation. Are you going up beforehand for the first induction day?
Reply 62
Haha sorry I meant him and I, he's rather tall see :P Ah I love Cyprus, never been to Ayia napa though but I've heard good things :smile: Ha nope since I got my first job 2 years ago my account with the bank of mum and dad has practically closed, guess it's worth a shot though :biggrin:

Is it your boyfriend you're staying with? I've never been to Cyprus nor Ayia Napa, although one of my friends has been there and apparently you spend more time drunk than sober. My parents made me get a job behind a bar because I'm a lazy git apparently haha. I've got accommodation now btw, they called me earlier to tell me :biggrin: I'm in Talybont South :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 63
Original post by erinsmiths
I'm in the same situation also. I have a meeting on the 25th at 3pm, just hoping for some sort of accommodation. Are you going up beforehand for the first induction day?

I wasn't going to originally but I have accommodation now since this morning so I'll be there for it anyway. I think you'll get accommodation before you get there anyway as my appointment was for 2pm on the 25th so you're right behind me in the queue. :smile:

Reply 64
Original post by LiamJJMc
I wasn't going to originally but I have accommodation now since this morning so I'll be there for it anyway. I think you'll get accommodation before you get there anyway as my appointment was for 2pm on the 25th so you're right behind me in the queue. :smile:

Ah brilliant, thank you! I'll be non-stop checking it until I get it now haha.
Reply 65

Yep I'm going up on the 21st for freshers and staying with a friend until my interview :P How about you? Where you travelling from?
Reply 66
Is it your boyfriend you're staying with? I've never been to Cyprus nor Ayia Napa, although one of my friends has been there and apparently you spend more time drunk than sober. My parents made me get a job behind a bar because I'm a lazy git apparently haha. I've got accommodation now btw, they called me earlier to tell me :biggrin: I'm in Talybont South :smile:

Nope my boyfriend's going to Bath :P Well I lived there when I was three and most of my family holidays were there after that it's a lovely island :smile: Aha I think most teenagers are :P Well I worked in a chippy for a year and have worked in Tesco for a year now too, don't know where all the money's gone! Ah wow congrats, bet you were happy haha when you going down now? I hope I get accommodation before I get there!
Reply 67
Yep I'm going up on the 21st for freshers and staying with a friend until my interview :P How about you? Where you travelling from?

I'm coming from London so not too bad, but because I want to get there early for induction, its so expensive! I just hope I get accommodation before.
Reply 68
I'm coming from London so not too bad, but because I want to get there early for induction, its so expensive! I just hope I get accommodation before.

Ah yeah I know :/ You staying in a hotel then? Yeah same! You still not heard anything then?
Reply 69

What part of London are you coming from? I'm from London too :biggrin:

Reply 70
Nope my boyfriend's going to Bath :P Well I lived there when I was three and most of my family holidays were there after that it's a lovely island :smile: Aha I think most teenagers are :P Well I worked in a chippy for a year and have worked in Tesco for a year now too, don't know where all the money's gone! Ah wow congrats, bet you were happy haha when you going down now? I hope I get accommodation before I get there!

Bath was one of my choices, the town is so nice, possibly the nicest in the UK. It's right next to Greece isn't it? I know what you mean, I've worked at my Tennis Club's bar for about a year and have managed to spend all of my wages and some of my savings :/ Thanks, but I'm gonna go down on Sunday as I need to get stuff from ikea on Saturday with my parents.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 71
Ah yeah I know :/ You staying in a hotel then? Yeah same! You still not heard anything then?

Well most likely, I think I'll just stay in a premier inn or something, it won't be really cheap but at least I'm there I guess? No, I really want to move in soon and don't want a hotel :frown: Its so long.
Reply 72
What part of London are you coming from? I'm from London too :biggrin:

Barnet, North London, you?
Reply 73
Barnet, North London, you?

Osterley in West London. What course are you doing?

Reply 74
Osterley in West London. What course are you doing?

I just got my housing! Talybont South, I'm so happy!! I'm doing Human Geography, you?
Reply 75
I just got my housing! Talybont South, I'm so happy!! I'm doing Human Geography, you?

Ah congrats, that's where I am, what house number? Accounting :smile:

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 76
Bath was one of my choices, the town is so nice, possibly the nicest in the UK. It's right next to Greece isn't it? I know what you mean, I've worked at my Tennis Club's bar for about a year and have managed to spend all of my wages and some of my savings :/ Thanks, but I'm gonna go down on Sunday as I need to get stuff from ikea on Saturday with my parents.

Yeah it's a nice place, Cardiff was his second choice but there we go :P Yeah :smile: I don't have anything to show for it apart from a load of clothes, can't take all of them to uni anyway :L Ah fair enough :smile: I'm going in two days, just hope I get the call before then! Apart from packing I'm pretty much ready :P
Reply 77

Congrats on getting your accommodation! Hope I get mine :/ When you going :smile:
Reply 78
Yeah it's a nice place, Cardiff was his second choice but there we go :P Yeah :smile: I don't have anything to show for it apart from a load of clothes, can't take all of them to uni anyway :L Ah fair enough :smile: I'm going in two days, just hope I get the call before then! Apart from packing I'm pretty much ready :P

Is that because of you or because of the Uni? Haha that's quite funny!! Friday then? I'm sure you'll get your accommodation sorted, worst case scenario you could just sleep on friends floors :smile: I'm still not ready at all. Maybe see you around some time, have fun tomorrow :smile:

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
Is that because of you or because of the Uni? Haha that's quite funny!! Friday then? I'm sure you'll get your accommodation sorted, worst case scenario you could just sleep on friends floors :smile: I'm still not ready at all. Maybe see you around some time, have fun tomorrow :smile:

The uni was his second choice anyway I wasn't even gonna go to uni till last minute ha :P Yep heading up today! Still haven't heard though :/ Hopefully won't have to sleep on the floor for too long :L Well I have to pack two separate suitcases - things i need for the next few days then things I need for the whole semester :L nightmare! Yeah probs will, I've heard of three of us now that have been called and given Taly South so I might be put there too! Thanks have fun when you get there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending