Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so i haven't been confirmed to any uni yet, my firm is for leeds (abb) and i achieved a*aa so i should have got in but i have no email/letter/confirmation. i went on track and it hasn't updated for leeds ): but my insurance has given me an unconditional and i don't know why because i didn't accept my insurance and i definitely don't want to go there, obviously i want the firm, i'm worried because my insurance changed and my firm didn't. is this supposed to happen or is my ucas track confused?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by itsalovestory)
    so i haven't been confirmed to any uni yet, my firm is for leeds (abb) and i achieved a*aa so i should have got in but i have no email/letter/confirmation. i went on track and it hasn't updated for leeds ): but my insurance has given me an unconditional and i don't know why because i didn't accept my insurance and i definitely don't want to go there, obviously i want the firm, i'm worried because my insurance changed and my firm didn't. is this supposed to happen or is my ucas track confused?
    Hi there.

All this means is that your firm hasn't sent its decision to UCAS, but your insurance has.

Because you have met and exceeded your offer, you definitely have a place at your firm - so don't worry. There has been some problems with UCAS updating which is why you are not seeing your place confirmed. Call up Leeds and ask them what's going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsalovestory)
    Sounds like track is confused... Does your insurance now say firm or does your firm still say 'conditional'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Hi there.

All this means is that your firm hasn't sent its decision to UCAS, but your insurance has.

Because you have met and exceeded your offer, you definitely have a place at your firm - so don't worry. There has been some problems with UCAS updating which is why you are not seeing your place confirmed. Call up Leeds and ask them what's going on.
    oh good! i did call before but i think i messed it up because i got better grades i asked to change the english course as well for the one i originally wanted, the lady said i could change over the phone and work fast to change it but i still have no email or updates.

ReputationRep:
    Both your firm and insurance will eventually show as unconditional. Your firm is likely having issues updating but if you have met your offer they will update it and then your insurance will automatically be declined however they can both show as unconditional for a period of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cirsium)
    Sounds like track is confused... Does your insurance now say firm or does your firm still say 'conditional'?
    my insurance still says insurance but has unconditional under the decision colum. my firm says conditional under the decision colum but it hasn't updated since february. but i also asked leeds if i could adjust my course to a better one, so i'm worried they've got confused and think i've say no to the firm..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mulligan)
    Both your firm and insurance will eventually show as unconditional. Your firm is likely having issues updating but if you have met your offer they will update it and then your insurance will automatically be declined however they can both show as unconditional for a period of time.
    thank you, i thought it meant that i had accepted the insurance. my firm still isn't unconditional but i will carry on checking ucas track. how long will this take? everyone else got theirs updated before they even got their results..

ReputationRep:
    If your firm still says conditional then it means they haven't decided / haven't contacted UCAS / UCAS has spazzed and not updated. The unconditional insurance bit just means that you've satisfied their offer.

If you have met your offer then you should have nothing to worry about, but if you want peace of mind you can phone them. Just don't expect them to be happy to hear from you or quick to answer the phone :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cirsium)
    If your firm still says conditional then it means they haven't decided / haven't contacted UCAS / UCAS has spazzed and not updated. The unconditional insurance bit just means that you've satisfied their offer.

If you have met your offer then you should have nothing to worry about, but if you want peace of mind you can phone them. Just don't expect them to be happy to hear from you or quick to answer the phone :p:
    glad to hear, thank you for the advice. i won't ring up right away but if it hasn't updated soon then i guess i'll have to and apologise to them.

ReputationRep:
    If you have asked for a course change at Leeds it may take longer. Perhaps you could call and ask them when the decision regarding the course change will be made? Be quite certain that you want to make the course change though by reading up on the website and ensuring you understand what the alternative involves. Good luck and hope it all resolves soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mulligan)
    If you have asked for a course change at Leeds it may take longer. Perhaps you could call and ask them when the decision regarding the course change will be made? Be quite certain that you want to make the course change though by reading up on the website and ensuring you understand what the alternative involves. Good luck and hope it all resolves soon.
    i will call before 5pm if nothing changes. i am though! it was my original choice but i changed. thank you very much!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.