The Student Room Group

Re-sitting Maths A-level Exam In Uni

I know this is gonna sound silly but I'm into uni, but I'm not pleased with my B in maths, really wanted an A. I'm hoping to re-sit the final module (core 4) in uni, is that possible?

Thanks!
Original post by Tempzzz
I know this is gonna sound silly but I'm into uni, but I'm not pleased with my B in maths, really wanted an A. I'm hoping to re-sit the final module (core 4) in uni, is that possible?

Thanks!

I had this exact same mindset two years ago. Exact same grades, exact same subject.
Trust me it's not worth it. You'll be busy with your uni course and making new friends etc, there is really no point.

Congrats on getting into uni!
Reply 2
Original post by Popppppy
I had this exact same mindset two years ago. Exact same grades, exact same subject.
Trust me it's not worth it. You'll be busy with your uni course and making new friends etc, there is really no point.

Congrats on getting into uni!

Thanks, I've got 280 ucas points at the moment, and a lot of people have said 300 is more attractive to companies when graduating etc so I'm in a dilemma ..
Original post by Tempzzz

Thanks!

I'm exactly the same and the exact same module! That exam :mad: AQA by any chance?
Reply 4
Original post by Retro.spex
I'm exactly the same and the exact same module! That exam :mad: AQA by any chance?

Yeaah! I got A in M1 , A in C3 and a freak U in C4! So close to an A overall, I'm gonna find out if I can resit hmm
Original post by Tempzzz
Thanks, I've got 280 ucas points at the moment, and a lot of people have said 300 is more attractive to companies when graduating etc so I'm in a dilemma ..

What degree are you doing and what sort of job are you wanting?
As far as I know, most employers don't even look at A levels once you have a degree
Reply 6
What degree are you doing and what sort of job are you wanting?
As far as I know, most employers don't even look at A levels once you have a degree

Doing mechanical engineering at aston, I've heard sometimes post-grad schemes look at a levels, especially big companies..
Original post by Tempzzz
Yeaah! I got A in M1 , A in C3 and a freak U in C4! So close to an A overall, I'm gonna find out if I can resit hmm

It was definitely a horrible exam! How many UMS marks are we talking? I'm about 20 off :frown:
Original post by Tempzzz
Doing mechanical engineering at aston, I've heard sometimes post-grad schemes look at a levels, especially big companies..

Obviously I haven't looked at every grad scheme, but with a good engineering degree (esp a MEng) from a good uni, I think you won't need to worry about a B at A level. Every scheme I've looked at has just as for a 2.2 or 2.1 in an engineering discipline.
Resit it if it will allay your fears though!
Reply 9
It was definitely a horrible exam! How many UMS marks are we talking? I'm about 20 off :frown:

I'm about 30, I'm deffo considering a resit, wbu?
Reply 10
Obviously I haven't looked at every grad scheme, but with a good engineering degree (esp a MEng) from a good uni, I think you won't need to worry about a B at A level. Every scheme I've looked at has just as for a 2.2 or 2.1 in an engineering discipline.
Resit it if it will allay your fears though!

I'm doing BEng, hoping to transfer to MEng after 2 years and luckily aston has high employability rates.
Original post by Tempzzz
I'm about 30, I'm deffo considering a resit, wbu?

Yeah im considering it too, im not happy with an E being on applications etc.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 12
Yeah im considering it too, im not happy with an E being on applications etc.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Luckily I still have C4 past papers and notes etc and I usually do better in re-sits, but finding a centre to do the exam in january will be a hassle. Also do we tell our college of this ?
Original post by Tempzzz
Luckily I still have C4 past papers and notes etc and I usually do better in re-sits, but finding a centre to do the exam in january will be a hassle. Also do we tell our college of this ?

Well, I think I might have a conversation with them on monday just to see what they say, but yeah I think you should definitely talk to them, they might let you come in. I know my sixth form let people re-sit exams there but rarely let people re-do the whole year there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending