I need a little bit of advice Watch

TEverton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have recieved clearing offers, one to go straight onto the 3 year physics course at Hull University and one to do an extended degreee (basically with a foundation year) at Hertfordshire University.

Hertfordshire appears better for Physics on league table than Hull and when I visted the Physics departement seemed very good. I haven't sadly had a chance to visit Hull.

I am really unsure what to do at the moment. Hull seems like a nice place to live with a good city and nightlife and I wouldn't have to do the foundation year. However Hertfordshire seems to be more reputable for Physics and the first year may even open up other doors for me.

Any advice is very much appreciated here!
PythianLegume
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You are the first person to have ever said that Hull seems like a nice place to live.
TEverton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by PythianLegume)
You are the first person to have ever said that Hull seems like a nice place to live.
Haha, fair enough, nicer than Hatfield then.
PythianLegume
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In my opinion, i'm not sure where somewhere is in the league tables is all important; only the 'block' it is in (ie, top 5, top 10, top 20, top 40 blocks). The two Unis are probably in the same 'block' (although i'm unsure) so I'd go with whichever you think you will be happiest at.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (60)
30.3%
No - I got the required grades (115)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.62%

Watched Threads