IB Eco. vs. Business. Help for prospective psych student! Watch

Obviouslynik
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, so I'm currently just starting my first year of IB, and I need help. I am most probably going to be graduating in Psych, Creative writing, or Bio in the future, and I have chosen my subjects, but have yet to choose a Humanities/Section 3 subject. My choices are Environmental Studies, Economics, and Business and Management. My subjects are:

English HL
Biology HL
Chemistry HL
French B
Maths SL

Now I have to choose one extra subject at SL. My counselor has advised me against Environmental Studies, as I've taken Bio HL and she says it will just be repetitive and I'll get bored, and I'm not too crazy about the subject anyways. So I'm left with BM and Eco. I've never studied either, and so I wanted to know:

- What is the main difference between them?
- Which one is easier?
- And which one will be more relevant to psychology? As a social science, which will be more easier to relate? Which subject might lead me into different jobs where there's still a link to psych? :confused:

Thanks
Azland
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
which one will be more relevant to psychology? Eco
logiadoevus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Obviouslynik)
Hi, so I'm currently just starting my first year of IB, and I need help. I am most probably going to be graduating in Psych, Creative writing, or Bio in the future, and I have chosen my subjects, but have yet to choose a Humanities/Section 3 subject. My choices are Environmental Studies, Economics, and Business and Management. My subjects are:

English HL
Biology HL
Chemistry HL
French B
Maths SL

Now I have to choose one extra subject at SL. My counselor has advised me against Environmental Studies, as I've taken Bio HL and she says it will just be repetitive and I'll get bored, and I'm not too crazy about the subject anyways. So I'm left with BM and Eco. I've never studied either, and so I wanted to know:

- What is the main difference between them?
- Which one is easier?
- And which one will be more relevant to psychology? As a social science, which will be more easier to relate? Which subject might lead me into different jobs where there's still a link to psych? :confused:

Thanks
Take Economics.
Insert_username
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah econ is more appreciated although the management in IB B&M has stuff like maslow and mcgregor which could be useful although you could easily learn all that online or from a book since most of those concepts are easy to understand
Obviouslynik
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Can you explain a bit more why Econ is better and more appreciated? I've never studied either so I don't really get it. My BM teacher keeps on telling me to take her subject, as its more people orientated, but I would really like to know what you guys think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.34%
No - I got the required grades (97)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.57%

Watched Threads