The Student Room Group

absolutely gutted and need help about future

hello,

got AS results yesterday, all were Cs and i am gutted since i was expecting to get As and Bs :frown: Im planning to do business management in a Russell group university. I am planning to resit them all, do i have any chance of getting in to any russell group uni even if there is a huge improvement in my results??? someone please help xx
Reply 1
What sort of entrence requirments do the uni's you are looking at have? Unless you have a good reason for getting all C's grades like aab are probably out of your reach (not impossible though).
Reply 2
Don't lose hope, it's still possible! Universities will look at more than just AS grades, make sure you have a good personal statement, and if your predicted grades are good then they will consider this. If you can improve your AS grades by doing re-sits and if you are capable of achieving A's and B's overall then your teachers will recognise this. It might also be worth looking into requirements of the universities you want to apply to. Anything else you can do to help your application will also be good e.g. relevant work experience. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by james22
What sort of entrence requirments do the uni's you are looking at have? Unless you have a good reason for getting all C's grades like aab are probably out of your reach (not impossible though).

Entrance requirements for the unis are aaa-abb.
Reply 4
Original post by kf289
Don't lose hope, it's still possible! Universities will look at more than just AS grades, make sure you have a good personal statement, and if your predicted grades are good then they will consider this. If you can improve your AS grades by doing re-sits and if you are capable of achieving A's and B's overall then your teachers will recognise this. It might also be worth looking into requirements of the universities you want to apply to. Anything else you can do to help your application will also be good e.g. relevant work experience. Good luck!

The entrance requirments for the unis im look at are aaa-abb, am i asking too much of myself with the grades i have got now or is it still possible to get into one of them? Btw in my UCAS form should i put in the grades i got in AS now or should i put those which iam hoping to achieve when i resit my subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest