The Student Room Group

Choosing subjects for AS again..

I got really crap grades this year but I got given a chance to resit year 12.. thankfully.

I am aiming to get into Uni and study dietetics, but I'm not sure what subjects I should pick.

Previously I did psychology, PE and human biology while I dropped spanish half way through. I failed everything due to not knowing what I want to do with my life and not putting in any effort. It was completely my fault.

I know unis look for 2 science related subjects, so I think chemistry and human biology would be a good choice(not sure if psychology, sociology and PE are science related subjects according to unis?).

The other two I wanted to do psychology and change from PE to sociology because I didn't enjoy PE at all and teachers weren't the best.

So my question is, does it matter if I do sociology instead of PE and it won't reduce my chances of getting anywhere?
Reply 1
bump
Original post by jarekd1234

I know unis look for 2 science related subjects, so I think chemistry and human biology would be a good choice(not sure if psychology, sociology and PE are science related subjects according to unis?).

So my question is, does it matter if I do sociology instead of PE and it won't reduce my chances of getting anywhere?

it depends on the university and degree choice. psychology counts as a science subject for most universities entry requirements and subject requirements, but not for others: you just need to check their requirements. no for sociology - everywhere.

no it doesn't really matter. i'm assuming you're dropping sociology for a2 anyway: psychology, biology, and chemistry is a strong combination for science degrees.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Ok, now I've picked my subjects again, I got psychology, human biology, chemistry and philosophy and ethics. Now it's time to put in work. Glad I failed everything, gave me a wake up call.

Quick Reply

Latest