Choosing subjects for AS again.. Watch

jarekd1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I got really crap grades this year but I got given a chance to resit year 12.. thankfully.

I am aiming to get into Uni and study dietetics, but I'm not sure what subjects I should pick.

Previously I did psychology, PE and human biology while I dropped spanish half way through. I failed everything due to not knowing what I want to do with my life and not putting in any effort. It was completely my fault.

I know unis look for 2 science related subjects, so I think chemistry and human biology would be a good choice(not sure if psychology, sociology and PE are science related subjects according to unis?).

The other two I wanted to do psychology and change from PE to sociology because I didn't enjoy PE at all and teachers weren't the best.

So my question is, does it matter if I do sociology instead of PE and it won't reduce my chances of getting anywhere?
jarekd1234
Rep:
?
bump
Id and Ego seek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jarekd1234)
I know unis look for 2 science related subjects, so I think chemistry and human biology would be a good choice(not sure if psychology, sociology and PE are science related subjects according to unis?).

So my question is, does it matter if I do sociology instead of PE and it won't reduce my chances of getting anywhere?
it depends on the university and degree choice. psychology counts as a science subject for most universities entry requirements and subject requirements, but not for others: you just need to check their requirements. no for sociology - everywhere.

no it doesn't really matter. i'm assuming you're dropping sociology for a2 anyway: psychology, biology, and chemistry is a strong combination for science degrees.
jarekd1234
Rep:
?
Ok, now I've picked my subjects again, I got psychology, human biology, chemistry and philosophy and ethics. Now it's time to put in work. Glad I failed everything, gave me a wake up call.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (4)
44.44%
No - I got the required grades (4)
44.44%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (1)
11.11%

Watched Threads