Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from LSE for Gov n Eco or Warwick for PPE ?

Cuz i am fed up with waiting for em....

I applied on Oct 13th ... n nuthin yet... running outta patience...

ReputationRep:
    I too have applied to warwick for PPE.

I too have had no reply from them.

I too am annoyed.

ive had offers for ppe from UEA, york, durham, southampton (pol+eco).
    oxford said no.

My grades at alevel (i am gap yearing) were AAAc and so was fairly confident at getting into warwick. now im not so sure, and i think its the one i want to go to most.

I am going travelling soon, and so wanted all my offers ASAP so i could visit each area and get an idea as to which one i want to go to most. I dont live in England, so its a hassle to get to them, and dont want to visit places that im not going to get offers from. do you understand my frustration? i think warwick have their head up their own suchandsuch.

I will be upset if warwick dont give me an offer. do you think i should ring up the uni? ; perhaps they have lost my app!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaKewLesT)

Hello!

It sounds like you and I are in the same situation. I am absolutely desperate to go to either LSE (Govt.) or Warwick (Pol+Int. Studeis) and have not received a response from either. All I know is that all LSE offers go out on Friday's (from the Govt. dept.) and all LSE decisions should be made by the end of march. But with that said, as you too have proabably realised, everything about the UCAS process is impossible to predict! How is the rest of your applciation going? I have offers: Bath, Sheffield, Essex and a rejection from York. At present, I have no idea what on earth I would do if i did not get an offer from either lse/warw.

Best of luck,

Tom

ReputationRep:
    I got offers from balliol oxford- AAA, york - AAB, ManU,ABB
    rejected from Durham

why don't lse n warwick just get on with it...?

ReputationRep:
    There have been both a lot of offers and a lot of rejections for PPE at Warwick.

So I wouldn't read anything much into not hearing yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    There have been both a lot of offers and a lot of rejections for PPE at Warwick.

So I wouldn't read anything much into not hearing yet.
    u know pple who've got offers and rejections for ppe at warwick?! how many and what offers? im just waiting for warwick now. i hav nott aabb/aaa manch abb york aab bristol abb edinbrgh bbb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali_117)
    u know pple who've got offers and rejections for ppe at warwick?! how many and what offers? im just waiting for warwick now.
    Yes. I have an offer, as do several people I met at Oxford. Also, there are various offers / rejections reported on this thread: http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=24790

All the offers seem to be AABb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Yes. I have an offer, as do several people I met at Oxford. Also, there are various offers / rejections reported on this thread: http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=24790

All the offers seem to be AABb.
    i sent my form off quite late tho, u think they do it chronilogically? i thought they only do three grade offers even if u hav 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali_117)
    i sent my form off quite late tho, u think they do it chronilogically? i thought they only do three grade offers even if u hav 4.
    AABb means AAB at A-level and a further B at AS.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine just got rejected from warwick yesterday!
    I hope that's not going to happen to all these delayed replies..!

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine just got rejected from warwick yesterday!
    I hope that's not going to happen to all these delayed replies..!
    What course did they apply for? And what were their predicted grades?

Thanks for your help, Tom

ReputationRep:

Applied for the exact same courses, not heard anything. Have a meeting with some woman from Warwick next week (coming to Oslo).

heya i applied for 2 courses in LSE - govt and econs and philosophy and econs and to Warwick for PPE - have got my Warwick offer and my phil and econs offer from LSE both asking for AAB but am still awaiting a reply for govt and econs from LSE - which happens to be my last reply!!

ReputationRep:
    i have PPE @ Warwick and LSE Gov Econ offers

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 13, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.