Best social you've been to? Watch

kimmmm
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What are the best society/AU socials you've been to since starting uni and what made them so good?
llacerta
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
One of my favourite days in general at university these past two years was a social I went on with the Debating Society. It's not your usual social (there wasn't too much alcohol involved!) but it was just a lovely day.

All of us managed to get free passes to visit the Houses of Parliament (one of our former members had graduated and is now an MP so he got us in), and we held a debate in one of their conference rooms. Then we sampled a few of the pubs in the area before walking through some evening markets and then catching the train back.

We've also been paintballing.

Two things made these socials really good: firstly, just how different from a normal social it was (don't get me wrong, I love a good drinking sesh, but actually doing stuff makes a lovely change) and secondly, the people.

All this reminiscing has made me want to go back, now!
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've loved some of the fancy dress ones that we did, particularly earlier in the year. Apart from getting dressed up, the added bonus (in retrospect) is that you know who's in your society and who's not, which makes it a lot easier to start chatting to others even when you've never met them before.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
27%
No (695)
73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed