Always like this? Watch

PrinceUpsb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This is really the first year I've actively been on TSR during A-Levels results day and I feel like a large amount of people seem to think that they have been marked harshly or incorrectly. Also, a large amount of my friends failed to reach their predictions. Of course, it is possible that they just did badly, but I certainly expected a few of them to do better than they actually did.

Is it like this every single year, or is this as a result of Exam bodies purposely limiting the amount of high grades to avoid inflation. I've read all about the 'comparable outcomes' published by Ofqual, as well as the news article by the Independent. Are the complaints and seemingly low grades as a result of this, or is this a regular occurrence every year?

Also wondering, if it is new to this year (or there seems to be a surge this year) that could be a result of the 'comparable outcomes', is a similar effect likely to be had on GCSE results published Aug 23rd?

Many Thanks
Data
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is always like this.
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
People who have done well will be out celebrating, not worrying on TSR. But it's always like this. Those who've under performed will always require reassurance, and where else would they come?! . Don't forget also, that this IS TSR. The place where seemingly smart and arrogant people come and live for two years of their study. The type of people who set impossibly high targets for themselves (possibly through feeling jealous of the people who come out with 91 A*s at A2 or whatever :rolleyes:) and so will forever be disappointed.

Interesting article for anyone who cares: http://insight.thestudentroom.co.uk/...ay-in-history/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (116)
26.54%
No (321)
73.46%

Watched Threads