Want more information about this university?
dannym94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi im starting sheffield hallam in september and was wondering whether there will be an opportunity to play for the Sheffield hallam football team. Is there just one team or is there a few? also what standard is the football. thanks
E_John
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll also be looking to play, not entirely sure how you go about joining the teams though. Most sports are on a wednesday so i'd say within the first week or so there would be trials. i know a few lads who have been through hallam and i think they said theres up to 4 11 aside teams and theres also 5 aside leagues set up. Standard wise i'd imagine to make the first team you'll have to be good enough to play for your local town. The lads i know are very good players but none made the first team. What standard do you play at? i'll be doing it more for the social if i'm honest
tomconnorv
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
im not sure either but i know i am wanting to play football for the year!
the best best is probably looking for groups on facebook and trying to find out there.
what course are you doing by the way?
LeicSmiv
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There will be a sports fair in the first few weeks, all the teams that are involved with Hallam will be there, just go ever talk to them and they'll let you know how you go about it. With football last year you had to take part in trials, as I can imagine you would have to with other team sports such as Rugby and Hockey etc. As it's been said the team is tough to get into, a lad off my course (Former Bolton academy) didn't manage to get in and he's a sublime player.
jac20120
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
IMPORTANT!!! Does anybody need a room at the Forge 2 Sheffield - Block M - Flat 106 (first floor) Room D ENSUITE 3/4 bed. £103 per week - room is a premium 1 room which includes wi-fi and a larger floor space. PLEASE MESSAGE ME FOR DETAILS!!!!!
E_John
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thanks for the info. Like i said ill mainly be doing it for social and wouldn't expect to be 1st or 2nd team standard if im honest but atleast we know how to go about it now. Im doing business management if you were asking me tomconnorv. What about yourself?
KD24
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
eeee dear ill trial for the first team and see how I do, I play for Huddersfield town academy I already know alot of the players in the teams but playing so much football sounds like I might fall behind with work, we shall see hopefully ill make the second team at least? haha
cjsellar
Report 8 years ago
Alrite Gents,

If your looking to get into football I run a local team called Sheffield Titans - we are made up from Hallam and Univeristy of Sheffield graduates.

We are looking for players and normally get a decent intake of students each year.

If your interested drop me a text 07554431331

Normally train Thursday evenings with fixtures Sunday morning (KO @ 11am)

We play out of the Sheffield Imperial Sunday League
RoyBland
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I run a local Sunday league team in Sheffield, we KO 11:00 and lifts are usually available. I'm on 07505118815.

(Original post by dannym94)
Hi im starting sheffield hallam in september and was wondering whether there will be an opportunity to play for the Sheffield hallam football team. Is there just one team or is there a few? also what standard is the football. thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (638)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads